PDA

View Full Version : Aargh, too much choice.

Deserter
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 08:38
For such a simple part, I'm trying to change my front pads on a V reg V70 T5. looking on the various sites there seem to be 2 different pads listed, I really only want a standard replacement at the moment, but am unsure which I need. The price differs massively also, one set sells for about £20 - £25 the others seem to be closer to £50, now normally I'd just say its bound to be the cheeper set, however the cars ex-plod so I don't know if they used a different set up or not.

Anyone shed any light on this for me?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 10:32
I believe that mintex manufacture the OEM pads. I would contact Simon at FRF Volvo - as he gives good discount for forum members (click linky below)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15559

If you look to improve then get Ferodo DS 2000 (aka DS Performance).

They retail for around 90 quid.

Beyond that you can get the DS 2500 (which I use all the time)

BBK are IMHO not hugely useful unless you plan to track day your car every other week.

jdavis
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 11:14
i think you'll need the police spec pursuit pads from Simon (RUFE). recently quoted me a good price and i can see me taking him up on it soon. just send him a message he's really helpful.

Deserter
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 19:51
Thanks for the advice, I talked with Simon today and he has me all sorted out, pads will be here by the end of the week, great price aswel.

You were right it is the police spec pads I needed.

Cheers again.

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 12:24
There is no difference in the compound between Police spec and regular Volvo IIRC. The Police spec just has a wear limit wire embedded to warn when the levels are low.