PDA

View Full Version : Ride height

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 25th May 2009, 21:02
I've put the 850 R springs on and the end result is low. Don't know why its gone like that. The suspension is alot harder with less body roll, but its really low on the back. I would of liked the front an inch lower and the rear's an inch higher. Should i put some of those rubber bump things in the springs to make it a little higher? Opinion's please...

Cheers Dave

PaulZX
Monday 25th May 2009, 21:39
I like how low the back's sitting.....

agree about the front though.... needs an inch or two off that....

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 25th May 2009, 22:29
I like how low the back's sitting.....

agree about the front though.... needs an inch or two off that....

I like your picture on your signature, thats how i want the front to look. The tracking has gone weird. It now goes left but when I brake hard it straightens up again.

irf
Monday 25th May 2009, 22:40
did you have nivomats before?

if you did, did you change the rear top mounts?

dooby
Monday 25th May 2009, 23:00
Hi,

similar point to Irf's question - if the rear springs came from an 850R estate then they are probably Nivomat springs, and will need to be used with Nivomat shocks and a Nivomat rear top mount.

HTH, Pete

PaulZX
Monday 25th May 2009, 23:03
I like your picture on your signature, thats how i want the front to look. The tracking has gone weird. It now goes left but when I brake hard it straightens up again.

lmao, I photoshopped that picture, sorry to dissapoint you mate.... :B_thumb:

Not meaning to insult you, I know this can happen, but you did get the springs the right way round, didn't you?

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 25th May 2009, 23:11
The springs were the same design as what i took off just shorter. They were about 2.5" shorter then what i took off so i knew it would be lower, just not this low...They went on the same way as what i took off, doing this just to make sure everything was ok.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 25th May 2009, 23:24
Safety question.

Should i replace the springs with the original rear set or could i put in the rubber inserts that people use in the springs for when there towing.

Thanks Dave

PaulZX
Monday 25th May 2009, 23:40
are the rears rubbing? if not then I'd leave them for a week or two, as the fronts might settle in a wee bit...

Tomcat
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 00:01
Not sure what's happened there, although the Nivomat suspension is a good point, what shocks do you have on the rear?.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 11:32
Standard shocks and there is no sign of rubbing. The back just looks like i have 5 dead bodies in there and the front is higher making it look over loaded.

Tomcat
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 11:55
I think it all depends on what you want to do to be honest, the cheapest option would be to buy a second hand set of nivomats, that would bring the back up again.