PDA

View Full Version : Ecu work or not?

polredt5
Sunday 24th May 2009, 18:15
Hi all,just wandering if my obd2 MTE mapped ecu will fit the new pre obd2 t5 i just got?Or will i need to sell it and get a rica for it,thanks in advance.Paul..Both manuals with aircon by the way if that helps.

t5 pete
Sunday 24th May 2009, 18:35
If they were both obd2 ,t5's same yrs then yeah it should work why not try it and find out

polredt5
Sunday 24th May 2009, 18:45
My t5 back up in Stornoway has the diagnostic plug under the coin holder,this one has it under the bonnet.They are both on N plates,if i knew it would run it for sure i would get it sent down to Fife where i am working.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 24th May 2009, 20:04
I dont think it will, AFAIK the older diagnostic sockets are used on the M4.3 ecu, and the obd2 port (under the coinholder) was used on the M4.4 and later ecus. The M4.3 and M4.4 have slightly different inputs/more sensors, so I'm not sure it will work

Alan M
Sunday 24th May 2009, 20:33
There is a thing with the immobilisers not working with obd type ecus in pre obd cars but I sucessfully tried my 96 obd type ecu in a pre obd model so it may be worth a shot.

polredt5
Thursday 28th May 2009, 20:09
Oh well the ecu came in the post today,tried it on and all is well!!!needle rockets to end of the white,although tails off too 2 thirds into white pretty early.Boost leak hunting this w-end,bit of a hesitency just before boost kicks in also.No sure about the immobiliser,as thats not working at the moment anyhow.Also noticed that its got the new style switchs on the dash,same as my other one.Just it doesnt have the coin holder,but the diagnostic under the bonnet instead.HAPPY chappy anyway,oil leak next on the list,Paul..

Dangerous Dave
Friday 29th May 2009, 21:21
Nice one mate, its good to see some testing, as it doesn't happen very often.