PDA

View Full Version : tappets

t5lover
Sunday 24th May 2009, 17:27
right my t5 has got 1 tappet thats doing its own thing i have tryed lots of things like changed the oil about 3 or 4 times in 2months to see if it would make any differance and nothing i have tryed valve lifter treatment and its still tapping away i have now got abit p**sed of with it,, i have been told it could be losing oil pressure from the oil seal pickup pipe in the sump but i thought i see what other members say first then i will go from there is it a easy job to change the tappets if anyone could let me know that be great,, oh before i for forget when she is cold the tappet is lovely till she she gets warm then its of all the time i have done alot miles in her the last few weeks and thought the run would shut it up but it hasnt 1 little bit anyway please help me on this one please thanks,,,

cameron
Sunday 24th May 2009, 18:53
Ive had exactly the same thing my friend ;)

I put Forte Gas Treatment in mine and it cured it :D

i got it a trade prices so i only payed £7

But you can get it off fleabay just as cheap :B_thumb:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330321950215

t5lover
Sunday 24th May 2009, 19:04
thanks mate thats cool is it good stuff as i have used the whyenns stuff i think thats how u spell it lol and thats had no affect on at all,,

cameron
Sunday 24th May 2009, 19:09
Wynn's ;) is Crap compared to the Forte.

Try it out matey, it does work, it cleans the injectors out at the same time.

Transformed my car big time :D

t5lover
Sunday 24th May 2009, 19:18
thanks mate i give it ago,,,

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 24th May 2009, 19:44
thanks mate thats cool is it good stuff as i have used the whyenns stuff i think thats how u spell it lol and thats had no affect on at all,,

Forte is the mutts danglies, if you think it's a seal you might wanna try forte seal conditioner bout £12 of ebay use it in the oil might as well try it as well as the one cameron said about tis all very good stuff

t5lover
Sunday 24th May 2009, 19:52
thanks mate i will give them ago thanks for the replys lads ,,,,

AlanG
Monday 25th May 2009, 00:42
Recommend Forte. Mine was fit to start with but noticed an improvement in economy.

t5lover
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 10:42
well chaps i got some forte top end treatment today and lets see how the old takes to it i let u all know the out come,,

Niles
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 12:45
well chaps i got some forte top end treatment today and lets see how the old takes to it i let u all know the out come,,

I had the same problem, after I flushed the oil & added the Forte 'tappet/lifter' treatment I took it out & gave the car a good spanking to ensure the tappet oil pressure was up to pressure, that cured it! The car will need to be revved up to clean out the poo caught in the tappets teeny oil holes. Good luck mate.

t5lover
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 14:14
thanks niles mate its got louder at the mo i give her a good run up the a2 later,,

t5lover
Thursday 4th June 2009, 01:07
well i gave her a good run tonight well 100miles of motorway driveing and the tappet is still tapping so me thinks new followers coming up oh well never mind trail and error a,,,

Niles
Thursday 4th June 2009, 11:31
my dodgy tappet took a while to settle down. easily took 2 weeks to settle, that included a run from Dover to Faversham & a few more longish runs as well as the daily running about. Give it time mate. The tappet may well clear itself, mine did! Good luck!

850 t5 vs 600cc
Thursday 4th June 2009, 11:54
for anyone who want to buy some there is some on ebay.....130309705443

Dave

t5lover
Thursday 4th June 2009, 14:39
my dodgy tappet took a while to settle down. easily took 2 weeks to settle, that included a run from Dover to Faversham & a few more longish runs as well as the daily running about. Give it time mate. The tappet may well clear itself, mine did! Good luck!

hello niles i keep it going for a week then i see what happens thanks mate,,,

Clan998
Thursday 4th June 2009, 15:38
My wifes T5 had a similar problem when it had been standing for a while took about a week to clear !

Good luck with it

Rich

AlanG
Thursday 4th June 2009, 16:27
Mine was doing very short journeys for a while and developed a noisy tappet. Eventually I sat in the thing and ran it at 3k rpm for a few minutes and it cleared. Maybe I was lucky.

t5lover
Thursday 4th June 2009, 18:04
thanks peeps give her a week then i might have to say goodbye to her as i am waiting for insurance man to come around and have alook and right it off so we will see what happens the new t5 mite just get a big update lol

jonno12
Thursday 4th June 2009, 18:05
why whats happened to it then to rite it off?

t5lover
Thursday 4th June 2009, 18:13
well a few weeks ago i pulled out behind a bloke down dual carrage and as i went topass him he pulled out on me then moved back over and as i passed him he rammed the side of my t5 i had all my kids in the car to and he thought it was funny the ??????, the wing and door are abit worse for wear really so it might have to go we will see what happens the police have been really good that make a change lol

AlanG
Thursday 4th June 2009, 18:27
The f****n p***k,how did you restrain yourself? Kids in the car aswell. Admire you matey,not sure I could have behaved the way you did..

t5lover
Thursday 4th June 2009, 18:51
The f****n p***k,how did you restrain yourself? Kids in the car aswell. Admire you matey,not sure I could have behaved the way you did..

well for one the bloke didnt stop and he turned of so went back looking and found him setting in a layby so i parked across the front of his car and my missis jumped out before i did and she gave him what for trust me i havent seen my missis go like she did and we been together for 13 years lol and when i started she pulled me away lol,, i wasnt worried about the car just the kids and my missis i was worried about i was just glad they were all ok thankfully,,,

t5lover
Wednesday 12th August 2009, 23:19
well hello peeps i done the tappets on my girl today as the 1 was dong my in head in so i got on with i found it really to do to behonest anyway i done it put it back together sounds lovely but still tapping so i thought it must be a conrod tapping against the liner so a new bottom end is in order now anyway there u go thanks peeps for helping,,,