PDA

View Full Version : S70 T5 Newbie

Dan-T5
Sunday 24th May 2009, 10:33
Hi,

Just purchased a 98 S70 T5.

couple of questions.....

1, when driving under low boost the turbo seems to be surging yet under full boost it seems to be fine? Is this down to an aftermarket dump valve fitted? (not sure if the car should have a re-circ valve as standard?!?!?)

2, What performance should i expect? Where can i find figures to compare against? although i can feel the turbo kick in, its not until about 2800rpm and it doesn't seem to be overly impressive? unlike my friends older 850 T5 Auto....

Thats it for now as i dont want to inundate this post! lol.

TIA,

Dan

Mrsmopp
Sunday 24th May 2009, 10:47
I cant help with number one but

The S70 has the slightly larger turbo than the 850 and the 15g on the 850 makes for a much more sprightly car - I remember how disappointed I was with the performance of my first S70, its much more progressive (rather than that lovely kick in the back you get from the 850) and although you still get to round the speedo pretty quickly you have no idea its really happening lol!

Torch S70R
Monday 25th May 2009, 21:50
autos also have the benefit of the torque convertor which gives more torque lower down, on my S70R its only till about 3k rpms when you really start to feel it pulling hard :D