PDA

View Full Version : Rear Number Plate

cornclose
Sunday 24th May 2009, 09:32
Hello chappies,

Does anyone know what's behind the rear plate on a phase 2 V70 ? The plate I have on at the moment is a) a little too high and b) not quite 100% level. So, I want to remove it and replace it, possibly with a nice surround of some kind.

In days of old, there used to a couple of screw holes to mount a plate, but then along came the sticky pads etc.

The current plate must be using sticky pads as there are no screws holding the plate on. So, are there any mounting holes behind the plate or is it sticky pads I'll have to get again ?

volvokid
Sunday 24th May 2009, 10:10
My guess would be there will be 2 holes from factory but just stick with the tape it looks a lot cleaner.

gazbak1
Sunday 24th May 2009, 14:53
yes there are 2 pre-drilled and threaded holes behind the plate

HTH

gazbak1

cornclose
Sunday 24th May 2009, 15:52
Thanks chaps - I have both options then...

v70torslanda
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 19:54
Hi Chris.

I have a pair of 'Carpoint' number plate holders on mine. The rear part number is 18.630.10 and they are readily available thru' A1 Motorstores.

a1motorstores.co.uk

If you visit the site and enter your postcode you will find your nearest shop. Occasionally they are sold by Lidl but not recently. There is a seperate front plate holder which is already curved to match you front bumper and they allow you to attach your plates without drilling them. The backing screws to the bumper and the chrome surround clips into place securing the plate at the same time. Neat and classy. I like 'em.

Can't find any images but you will see what I mean if you have a gander in the local multi storey.

John

snoop69
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 22:44
Does anyone know what's behind the rear plate on a phase 2 V70 ?

Im guessing that there is a V70 :hilarious

Do i win a prize?

PaulZX
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 22:46
mine have huge velcro pads on them.....

cornclose
Tuesday 26th May 2009, 22:53
Thanks chaps.... I'll look out for those holders John - there's an A1 near me...