PDA

View Full Version : Verdict

Persian
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 11:39
Hi again, sorry for posting my issues and I want to thank everyone that has helped me through this nightmare lol.

First of all my verdict?

I have put the car under the ramp and looked underneath and found that the pipe that connects to the radiator underneath the engine has a hole in it. So that's the problem for the water hole ok kewl. But now i cant get the car started ? do i have to replace the pipe before doing anything or is this a camshaft position sensor?

Many thanks

Thank You

More info : http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22272

p fandango
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 13:01
I have put the car under the ramp and looked underneath and found that the pipe that connects to the radiator underneath the engine has a hole in it. So that's the problem for the water hole ok kewl. But now i cant get the car started ? do i have to replace the pipe before doing anything or is this a camshaft position sensor?
having ran mine without a heater matrix & covering the interior with coolant i can tell you the engine will still run with the hole. As for whether its the camshaft sensor or not that will depends on the codes, but having gone thru 2 camshaft sensors during my 850's life they do eventually give-in altogether & won't let the engine start, but as i say i'd confirm it by reading the codes before changing anything

Persian
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 16:49
Guys lol were is the diagnosis plug, the mechnaic is here and we cant find it.

Thanks

danny-R
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 16:55
what year is it? does it have coin tray under ashtray? if so under the coin tray

danny-R
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 16:57
if not, its under the bonnet somewhere but im not sure where..

Persian
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 16:58
Thanks for your response matey it does have a cointray and checked its not under the ashtray?

1996 N 854R

Tomcat
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 17:12
Pull the coin tray out, it's under that....

Scratch that, if you have an N reg 854 T5-R then it'll have the diagnostic module under the bonnet, it's on the left hand side at the very front, in front of the ecu box. With this daignostic module you can read and check your own fault codes...

Persian
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 17:26
Brilliant found it now how do we check for code faults ?

Thank you so much guys thanks

AlanG
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 17:33
Mine's a Jan '96 and OBD2,so could be either.......:biggrin:

Tomcat
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 17:38
I'm presuming you have the one under the bonnet?, if so, open the caps on the module, inside there is a red LED and a wire, unplug the wire, push it into one of the holes in the L/H module(I think 3 is the Fuel system). With the ignition on push the button next to the red LED, it will start flashing up the fault codes. Alternatively you can go buy a Haynes manual, it has a full section on the Fault code reader and all the fault codes.

Persian
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 17:41
Brilliant will do, thank you so much guys thanks.