PDA

View Full Version : C70 Window Regulator

fiorano
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 10:52
Hi

My drivers door window stopped working (LHD) so i had a local mechanic strip the door panel to find the cable had snapped :(
He did a fantastic methodical job of stripping all the components.

I got a price for the complete window regulator from Volvo here which i don't need since only the cable has broken. I will need to re-mortgage my house to buy the unit!

Can anyone help :(:( ?

Dacvolvo
Monday 25th May 2009, 10:05
My Driver's electric widow (RHD) stopped working about two years ago and Volvo quoted me £650 to replace the motor. I've never heard of any electric window motor on a car being that dear. I asked them to order me one in as I was desperate and could see no other option (It was winter and my window was down and being a pillerless design, I couldn't even tape the window up as there's no door frame to tape it to).

Imagine my horror when Volvo said it'll be 6 weeks for the part to arrive from Volvo HQ... I was lucky enough to find a door complete with fully working motor on Ebay which cost me £100 and I simply switch the motors when it arrived two days later.

Ebay might be your best bet at this point - there's a few C70's breaking on there right now.

Best of luck.

AlanG
Wednesday 27th May 2009, 23:46
Can almost get a complete car for that these days......£650??? As my old mum used to say......"No feart the coos get them"......

cegc70t
Tuesday 9th June 2009, 19:45
Bubba had mega heart ache with his regulator and I have intermitant problems with the switch. The doors on the c70 are a bit of a pest!