PDA

View Full Version : 855 water problems

t5lover
Friday 22nd May 2009, 08:32
hello chaps had a bad yesterday with the old girl,, i was going to pick my missis up from work i stop so she could get in the car and i had cloud of smoke come out under the bonnet so i got it home quickly and i poped the bonnet and the header tank was flowing out water the temp gauge was in the normal place the fan cut in but it was still chucking out water when i broght the car the temp gauge sat at the quarter till sat in traffic could it be the thomostat there isnt any water in the oil and there isnt any oil in the water please someone help me please lol thanks the burning oil is i think the breathers are blocked so i am going to pull it apart today see whats going on,,

Tomcat
Friday 22nd May 2009, 09:22
Could well be the thermostat, also if your PCV is blocked then get it changed, the last thing you want is to have to replace the rear main seal, it's bloody expensive to do ....

t5lover
Friday 22nd May 2009, 15:42
thanks for the reply very greatfull,,

PaulZX
Friday 22nd May 2009, 15:46
wow this is the week for thermostat problems.....

Must be summat in the water....

t5lover
Friday 22nd May 2009, 15:55
wow this is the week for thermostat problems.....

Must be summat in the water....

lol telling me this is my new car i brought the weekend i took out the interior from old t5 and put it in the new one drove it around were i live and that happend so i pull all the interior out put it back in my old t5 lol so the new one is all ready for track racing lol