PDA

View Full Version : s60 cruise control help

p fandango
Thursday 21st May 2009, 21:00
been & picked up Bonny the D5 this afternoon, & even i wasn't expecting the 62mpg average she's showing. Very happy with it but the only thing not working is the cruise control, or should i add i can't get it to work as i didn't get the owners manual. I've tried getting upto speed & both quickly pressing & press & holding the cruise button on the steering wheel but neither activate it. I have got a yellow triange light between the 2 dials which i assume is the engine fault light, could this be stopping it, am i not working it right or is could it be another fault in the system somewhere

very grateful for any ideas or suggestions

Jaseb77
Thursday 21st May 2009, 21:13
yelloy triangle light maybe ABs or traction control related, whcih i think affects the cruise.

normal just press the cruise button on steering wheel, and cruise lights up on dash, then use + to set speed

burchi
Thursday 21st May 2009, 21:15
Hiya When you use the Cruise Control button to activate Cruise, you then need to press the + button on the control to set the car to maintain the speed you are at.

This should then work and press + to increase speed, - to decrease.. Brake or clutch pedal or 0 on switch to cancel it.

If this still doesn't work, it maybe the fault light thats causing it. Could also be the clutch pedal position sensor failed which will stop the cruise working at all and could even be what's causing the fault light to come up.

Hope this helps a bit.

Ian

S60-MBS
Thursday 21st May 2009, 21:38
As said above by Ian CPPS is best candidate.

hamish
Thursday 21st May 2009, 21:51
been & picked up Bonny the D5 this afternoon, & even i wasn't expecting the 62mpg average she's showing. Very happy with it but the only thing not working is the cruise control, or should i add i can't get it to work as i didn't get the owners manual. I've tried getting upto speed & both quickly pressing & press & holding the cruise button on the steering wheel but neither activate it. I have got a yellow triange light between the 2 dials which i assume is the engine fault light, could this be stopping it, am i not working it right or is could it be another fault in the system somewhere

very grateful for any ideas or suggestions

Hi Duane,

You have a fault (or just a Fault Code) that is logged and for safety reasons is stopping the Cruise being armed. It is possibly just the brake or clutch pedal switch. Any way give me a call it will be an easy fix.

Regards,
Hamish.

p fandango
Friday 22nd May 2009, 02:42
thanks all for the replies, yeh i'm not getting any lights or anything when i press the cruise but so its not just me then lol. I did think the STC wasn't working right either as pressing the button didn't make any difference, until i pressed & held it (the joys of no instruction book lol)

thanks Hamish, i'll give you a bell when i eventually get back up