PDA

View Full Version : C70 oil filter

wacky racer
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 20:34
Hi all. Got an oil change to do on a C70 with the paper type oil filter ,( not metal type) this weekend.
What tool do i need to use to change the filter?
Thanks.

MIKESC70T5
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 21:07
I use a ratchet strap to undo the main casing and then take the paper filter out.

AlanG
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 21:10
Paper insert? Last time I saw one of those was on an auto mini in the eighties!!!

t5 pete
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 21:20
Paper insert? Last time I saw one of those was on an auto mini in the eighties!!!

I was shocked when i first serviced a new corsa well about 3 yrs ago now.

v70torslanda
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 21:24
Slip down to your local parts shop or motor factor. The correct tool to undo the filter housing is a BIG socket, usually with a half inch drive. Makes the job a cinch and lessens the chances of you damaging the cover or overtightening it.

wacky racer
Thursday 21st May 2009, 20:30
Thanks everyone. Does anyone know what size the "big" socket needs to be.
Thanks again.
Mark.

Dacvolvo
Friday 22nd May 2009, 11:36
I just took my C70 to the local Kwik Fit garage on Monday and they did a full oil and filter change for £39. It was fully synthetic oil too.

Normally I wouldn't trust Kwik Fit to do anything with a car, but at that price, I couldn't complain - it would have cost me £53 to do it myself, not to mention the mess. Oh - and mine is the same filter as yours ;)

wacky racer
Friday 22nd May 2009, 19:25
Not my car, its my nephiews. Promised to do it for him but i need to know what size socket i need for the filter housing.
I may have to go and have a look and then do it at a later date.
Can anyone try and have a look on their car for me, would help me out alot.
Thanks.
Mark.