PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak From Thermo Housing?

Persian
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 15:23
Hi guys sorry to bother again, as above, I just fitted my thermo housing and water is leaking from underneath? I have no idea why i did screw it really tight i dont think its lose.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

AlanG
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 15:35
Sounds like it's coming back off! Examine the housing for any hair-line cracks and more importantly the cyl-head itself. Hopefully all being fine,clean the surfaces and re-fit with new gasket and a thin film of blue Hylomar. And don't over-tighten,if you are worried then check the Paynes manual which should give a torque setting. HTH

5seaterT5x2
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 16:57
Hi guys sorry to bother again, as above, I just fitted my thermo housing and water is leaking from underneath? I have no idea why i did screw it really tight i dont think its lose.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

you did use new gasket/s etc?

Persian
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 18:44
Thanks peeps, yeah i did you use new gasket but cylinder head ? How can that be cracked.

AlanG
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 18:46
It happens bud, would be unusual though.

Persian
Thursday 21st May 2009, 13:43
Hi peeps, sorry for posting again ;-) but need an question to be answered please. If it was the cylinder head would it be expensive to sort ?

Thanks

AlanG
Thursday 21st May 2009, 13:54
Depends mate. Don't know if people still aluminium weld. Replacement from a breakers probably would be the answer. Trace the leak first,may be something simple!

jonno12
Thursday 21st May 2009, 13:58
850 t5 cylynder head fully tested on the bay for 50 quid

Persian
Thursday 21st May 2009, 14:33
Brilliant, but is it easy to fit?

AlanG
Thursday 21st May 2009, 14:48
Steady bud,pressure test it first. Engines in these are strong.

Persian
Thursday 21st May 2009, 15:50
Right peeps, i just got under the car and seen a water leak like i said before, but i have just thought it could be the water pump because my car wont start it turns over but does not start. So what do you think could it be this?

Many Thanks

AlanG
Thursday 21st May 2009, 17:36
You're not having a lot of luck mate! Not starting? Assuming you've done the basic checks,ie fuel and spark,the next port of call would be the cam position sensor. Separate fault to the water leak methinks.

Persian
Thursday 21st May 2009, 19:38
I know I have not had any luck at all. Ok first of all it does not start I checked for connections and leaks and found. "And yes done the checks matey"

1. The turbo pipe to the induction kit has a pipe leading from the PTC "that is disconnected" don’t no how don’t no why
2. The turbo bearing pipe has been disconnected as well
3. There is a leak coming from underneath the engine when water is put into the expansion tank.
But still do not know why it will not start, so I suggested it could most definitely be the water pump?

Thanks

MrMopp
Thursday 21st May 2009, 19:48
I know I have not had any luck at all. Ok first of all it does not start I checked for connections and leaks and found. "And yes done the checks matey"

1. The turbo pipe to the induction kit has a pipe leading from the PTC "that is disconnected" don’t no how don’t no why
2. The turbo bearing pipe has been disconnected as well
3. There is a leak coming from underneath the engine when water is put into the expansion tank.
But still do not know why it will not start, so I suggested it could most definitely be the water pump?

Thanks

Bud seriously you need to take it to a garage , guessing repairs isnt the way to go :)

AlanG
Friday 22nd May 2009, 16:44
Your car sounds very unwell!Seems like you need outside help bud...