PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel removal

Clan998
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 15:57
Hi

Just wondered do you need a special puller to remove the steering wheel ? Or just brut force and harse language ?!?!?!?!?

Rich

p fandango
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 15:58
i didn't use any special tools to remove mine

t5 pete
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 16:19
DONT BE YANKING ANYTHING
1 look at the back of the air bag there are two holes either side of it you will then need some trox keys once undone disconnect the plug going to air bag.
2 Once air bag is removed try to get the wheels as straight as possible and get some one to hold the steering wheel or log the steering wheel up then remove the centre nut job done remove steering wheel.
3 to refit it is just the reversal of removing it

cherry1809
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 17:51
Don't forget to disconnect the battery, or you'll get an Airbag fault light on the dash, as soon as the wires are seperated.

t5 pete
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 18:03
Don't forget to disconnect the battery, or you'll get an Airbag fault light on the dash, as soon as the wires are seperated.

Its weired you say that as i have never disconnected the batter and have never got the airbag light on.

Tomcat
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 18:20
Its weired you say that as i have never disconnected the batter and have never got the airbag light on.

You removed the airbag with the battery still connected???, MY god your brave aren't you?....

t5 pete
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 18:25
You removed the airbag with the battery still connected???, MY god your brave aren't you?....

Brave?????????? i didnt know it could trigger the air bag with ignition off would trigger especially with and impact to the car

Tomcat
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 20:09
Don't forget that even a static discharge can set them off so I'd defo disconnect the battery...

Clan998
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 22:01
Cheers guys all done now ..... Thanks to all :-)
I did disconnect the battery tho !

Rich

t5 pete
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 23:23
Don't forget that even a static discharge can set them off so I'd defo disconnect the battery...

I must be lucky then ive done it 5 times on 4 different cars ive had