PDA

View Full Version : Confused - Water in passenger footwell

Pandamedic
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 15:38
I'm rather confused. I've got a v70 P1. I've found some water in the passenger footwell, and have no idea where it is coming from. I thought i better check it as others have had problems and it's been raining the past few days.

I've read on the forums about the heater matrix, the ac drain duct, and also windscreen drains.

The passenger side is covered with the volvo rubber foot mat and the top is bone dry, it's only when i pull the mat back i noticed the carpet was wet.

The carpet has patches of water on it, it's not flooded or anything.

I've pulled the carpet back to check underneath and the floor is bone dry.

The only water i've got is patches on the carpet.

I had a look at the heater matrix and that looks fine and was dry all round. The coolant level hasn't dropped either and has stayed the same for ages, and i've not had steamy windows during this rain we've had either.

I've checked what i think is the ac drain duct and that's connected under the centre console

I've ran the engine with the ac on and off and no water has entered the footwell.

I've had a look behind the bulkhead where the pollen filter is and that is dry, and looked at the drain infront of it and that looked clear to.

Any ideas where the windscreen drains are or a picture of where they are

I've left the carpet up for now with blue roll paper all over the place to see if water is getting in from somewhere.

The only thing is i have no idea how long i've had the wet carpet for, so i'm not sure if it's new or old.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Pandamedic/Volvo/CopyofDSC03016800.jpg

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 16:06
I'm rather confused. I've got a v70 P1. I've found some water in the passenger footwell, and have no idea where it is coming from. I thought i better check it as others have had problems and it's been raining the past few days.

I've read on the forums about the heater matrix, the ac drain duct, and also windscreen drains.

The passenger side is covered with the volvo rubber foot mat and the top is bone dry, it's only when i pull the mat back i noticed the carpet was wet.

The carpet has patches of water on it, it's not flooded or anything.

I've pulled the carpet back to check underneath and the floor is bone dry.

The only water i've got is patches on the carpet.

I had a look at the heater matrix and that looks fine and was dry all round. The coolant level hasn't dropped either and has stayed the same for ages, and i've not had steamy windows during this rain we've had either.

I've checked what i think is the ac drain duct and that's connected under the centre console

I've ran the engine with the ac on and off and no water has entered the footwell.

I've had a look behind the bulkhead where the pollen filter is and that is dry, and looked at the drain infront of it and that looked clear to.

Any ideas where the windscreen drains are or a picture of where they are

I've left the carpet up for now with blue roll paper all over the place to see if water is getting in from somewhere.

The only thing is i have no idea how long i've had the wet carpet for, so i'm not sure if it's new or old.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/Pandamedic/Volvo/CopyofDSC03016800.jpg

if it was the heater matrix etc i'd think you would see straight away as it would be coolant and therefore smell of coolant etc.

Pandamedic
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 16:11
heater matrix looked fine and dry, even when the engine was running, and no drips landed on the tissue underneath