PDA

View Full Version : 850 radio code help

SexyBoy
Monday 18th May 2009, 20:58
hi, i was wondering after having my battery disconnected how do you re install the radio code, i have a volvo card with a 4 digit number on it but it locks out after 3 trys. i dont have a manual to follow the correct procedure. ive tried position1, turn on radio, insert code. help please.

Tomcat
Monday 18th May 2009, 21:02
Use the station presets on the front of the radio, press each button in turn, so if your code is 5432 then press the first button five times, then the second button four times etc....

SexyBoy
Monday 18th May 2009, 23:00
super i'll try that tomorrow.

AlanG
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 14:07
Spot on.........same for all models of radio.

SexyBoy
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 17:42
Use the station presets on the front of the radio, press each button in turn, so if your code is 5432 then press the first button five times, then the second button four times etc....

I tried this today and its locked out on me again - my stereo has 6 presets and the highest digit in my code is 6 so i thought method 1 would have been simplest but both have now failed me. if it helps the model is SC-801

Tomcat
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 18:24
You may possibley have the wrong code, you could check with Volvo, give them a ring, they'll ask for you reg and should be able to verify if that's the right one.

SexyBoy
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 19:00
You may possibley have the wrong code, you could check with Volvo, give them a ring, they'll ask for you reg and should be able to verify if that's the right one.

Yes it could be but theres 2 volvo cards in the handbook both with same pin code on it too - i'll have to ring a dealers.

Tomcat
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 20:10
I tried this today and its locked out on me again - my stereo has 6 presets and the highest digit in my code is 6 so i thought method 1 would have been simplest but both have now failed me. if it helps the model is SC-801

Doesn't matter how many buttons it's got, it's always done the way I described it, are you sure you're doing it right?.

SexyBoy
Friday 22nd May 2009, 21:49
yea it definitly not working

Tomcat
Friday 22nd May 2009, 21:55
Did you ring the dealers?, it is possible that the radio has been changed at some point, if you've rung them and it's still not working, pull the radio out and check to see if anyone has written the code on the top/back of the unit.

cameron
Friday 22nd May 2009, 21:59
Is it different for the SC-805 ?

I just punch in the code using the numbers given, if my code was 4561 ( which it isnt ;) ) i just punch it in by pushing the numbers once each in turn :D

TenaciousC
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 14:49
The dealer will give you the code for free. My dealer required proof of ownership (which is fair enough).

C

SexyBoy
Saturday 23rd May 2009, 18:55
thanks ill have to try monday ive been home late all week.