PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy Car

Matt30462
Tuesday 24th May 2005, 18:26
Olive the T-5R went in for her service today and the local dealer was going to give us an S40 to use, however the car was not here in time so they gave us a substitute an S60 D5 with 3000 on the clock. :biggrin: . Surely they don't know what they are doing :dunce: . A shiny new D5 with my reputation :cuckoo: . Needless to say, I will not be posting tonight as I will be racing the s**t outta this thing :B_steerin

Goof
Tuesday 24th May 2005, 19:25
Ironic!
Same here - 120K service at the local Volvo dealer today, lent me a 375 mile old S60 D5 (Auto) - thought it was sluggish at first, but when it warmed up it went quite well!
Didn't like the handbrake position, but the Auto/semi-manual box was fun! The cruise control gave me the willies! (I'm not a cruise control person ;))

Service cost - £253.04 (no plugs or air filter).

Matt30462
Tuesday 24th May 2005, 22:36
Exactly the same Goof. Handbrake position is strange to say the least, not the fastest thing on the road but quite nippy for a diesel. Really nice to drive a car with no rattles, knocks bumps etc. No way I would swap it for the T-5R well I would of course, then sell it for a fortune and buy another T-5R. The one thing I did like and will be getting for Olive is the new "spray type" washer nozzles. At least I blew a few cobwebs out of a £22,000 car.

Goof
Tuesday 24th May 2005, 23:48
Agreed - maybe after a visit to ChipTuning it might be interesting...?

Matt30462
Wednesday 25th May 2005, 17:54
Familiarity Breeds Contempt.

I say this because I have got Olive back today with all the bits and pieces done. When the wife took the D5 back she chatted with the girl from servicing about whether she liked it etc. After a quick conflab the young lady said "oh! And yours is a bit quick isn't it. The lads said it went some on the test drive..........Have you had something done to it?"
Made me think how used we all get to the speed these things create and is it really necessary to make further improvments.............................TOOO DAMN RIGHT IT IS.

After_Shock
Wednesday 25th May 2005, 17:57
At work they give out a new S40 T5 Manual as the courtesy car as no one wanted it as a company car due to the tax band so it ended up their!

Matt30462
Wednesday 25th May 2005, 21:43
MMMMM, at work I get a Berlingo van. :haha:

nikgallagher
Thursday 26th May 2005, 08:16
...After a quick conflab the young lady said "oh! And yours is a bit quick isn't it. The lads said it went some on the test drive..........Have you had something done to it?"...

Does this not worry you that the garage-monkeys probably had your pride and joy sideways round every roundabout in Milton Keynes, and powerlaunched every take-off to the red line?

After_Shock
Thursday 26th May 2005, 08:23
Thats why everytime I took my car into the dealers I said I dont want a road test doing, especially after the time I was sat in the waiting area and heard a noise from the dual carriageway outside and their was my car going past at a conservative 120ish.

Matt30462
Thursday 26th May 2005, 18:21
Milton Keynes......yes that would worry me, I'm in Bury St Edmunds. :jaw:

After_Shock
Thursday 26th May 2005, 19:08
One of the people on the Volvo training course I was on with was from the Bury St Edmunds branch, it was the allright ish looking lass from the sales team though so doubt she would be hammering the cars about!