PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch Time...

PaulZX
Monday 18th May 2009, 00:40
It's time for a new clutch, and I was wondering would the clutch from an 850R be a better option than the standard one, and would that be a straight swap for a T5 clutch?

Also, what other clutches would be even better?

Cheers

Paul

S70T5Chris
Monday 18th May 2009, 06:44
I'm using an 850R clutch, and running 375lb/ft of torque. So you should be fine with an R clutch. Speak to Rufe for a decent price, from memory you're looking at £190 ish.

You can get a Helix 'organic' clutch which 'should' be able to cope with more power and torque than that, but you're looking at £500+.

HTH
Chris.

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 18th May 2009, 09:30
It's time for a new clutch, and I was wondering would the clutch from an 850R be a better option than the standard one, and would that be a straight swap for a T5 clutch?

Also, what other clutches would be even better?

Cheers

Paul

S70T5Chris I'm using an 850R clutch, and running 375lb/ft of torque. So you should be fine with an R clutch. Speak to Rufe for a decent price, from memory you're looking at £190 ish.

You can get a Helix 'organic' clutch which 'should' be able to cope with more power and torque than that, but you're looking at £500+.

HTH
Chris.

I was just going to post this question, so thanks.

How easy is it fit a new clutch kit, engine out or split the engine-gearbox while on the car. Volvo 850 T5 1996. Can an " R " clutch fit on mine?

Cheers Dave

S70T5Chris
Monday 18th May 2009, 18:49
S70T5Chris I'm using an 850R clutch, and running 375lb/ft of torque. So you should be fine with an R clutch. Speak to Rufe for a decent price, from memory you're looking at £190 ish.

HTH
Chris.

I was just going to post this question, so thanks.

How easy is it fit a new clutch kit, engine out or split the engine-gearbox while on the car. Volvo 850 T5 1996. Can an " R " clutch fit on mine?

Cheers Dave

Hi Dave

AFAIK an R clutch will fit your car fine.

I'm not really the right person to answer your question on fitting! I know it's not the easiest job in the world, and Volvo quote something like 6 or 7 hours labour to do it.

Chris

PaulZX
Monday 18th May 2009, 19:29
Hi Dave

AFAIK an R clutch will fit your car fine.

I'm not really the right person to answer your question on fitting! I know it's not the easiest job in the world, and Volvo quote something like 6 or 7 hours labour to do it.

Chris

cheers, as long as it fits, I'm happy, the labour won't be a problem, I know a good mechanic ;)

S70T5Chris
Monday 18th May 2009, 19:38
cheers, as long as it fits, I'm happy, the labour won't be a problem, I know a good mechanic ;)

Really? Who? :haha:

PaulZX
Monday 18th May 2009, 19:45
They call him super andy..... lmfao :D

S70T5Chris
Monday 18th May 2009, 19:51
They call him super andy..... lmfao :D

ha ha ha :B_thumb:

dannt5
Monday 18th May 2009, 22:56
Hi mate,i think the easyest way is to drop the subframe & leave the engine in situ but drop the box out,altho some people drop it all out on the subframe n split it after its out.Ive done it both ways on my 850R,after it destroyed its new clutch after just over 3k,but found it less hassle that way.Just mind when u take the box out tho as they'r bloody heavy to chuck about