PDA

View Full Version : New T5

hellraiser
Sunday 17th May 2009, 23:13
Hello, I've just got myself a N reg 850 T5 auto with a Rica 304 chipped ecu.
It hasn't had any ofter mods done to it, infact the old boy which I got it from didn't even have the chipped ecu in the the car (was still in the box).
Any how, I've got a Question for you all.... I would like to fit a dumpvalve, but unsure what it would sound like being a auto? does it make much diff?
I use to drive a Rover 620ti before, will it still go off the same as a manual car?

Sorry If this sounds like a silly Question.

cameron
Sunday 17th May 2009, 23:16
:welcome:

No point in a dumpy on an auto mate :D

You'd only get the noise when lifting off the loud pedal :(

I thought about it but didnt see the point, the Volvo re-circ valve is good enough anyway.

Get the car checked out and get that Rica in it :B_thumb:

Tomcat
Sunday 17th May 2009, 23:16
Welcome to the forum why not post some pics up?. Fraid I can't help wth the dump valve as I've never had one fitted but I'm sure someone else will be along to help.

t5 pete
Sunday 17th May 2009, 23:20
hello and welcome

JelT5
Monday 18th May 2009, 08:55
Try fitting an aftermarket cone filter- I have a BSR set up on my V70 auto and you get the psssh noise and a great induction sound as well. Have my doubts as to whether there is any performance gain but it looks and sounds good lol

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 18th May 2009, 09:14
Try fitting an aftermarket cone filter- I have a BSR set up on my V70 auto and you get the psssh noise and a great induction sound as well. Have my doubts as to whether there is any performance gain but it looks and sounds good lol

I have a pipercross cone and i get the same effects, its sounds good and loud for some reason.

Baj
Monday 18th May 2009, 17:12
No point in a dumpy on an auto mate :D

You'd only get the noise when lifting off the loud pedal :(

Curiously that is when you get the noise on manuals too. Bizarrely it also coincides with the turbo slowing down and having pressure it needs to release :partysmil

shaun850
Monday 18th May 2009, 17:50
Curiously that is when you get the noise on manuals too. Bizarrely it also coincides with the turbo slowing down and having pressure it needs to release :partysmil

O RLY? :shhh:

cherry1809
Monday 18th May 2009, 19:15
LOL :slap:

:welcome:

T5arrrgghh
Monday 18th May 2009, 22:38
made a bit of wee come out! hahahahah need some tena me thinks

PaulZX
Monday 18th May 2009, 22:53
made a bit of wee come out! hahahahah need some tena me thinkshere ya go, this should help.... :lol:

http://www.thelaughingstock.co.uk/acatalog/baby_set.jpg

Taff - t5
Monday 18th May 2009, 23:10
Hope he"s got a dump valve fitted!! phuuuuuuuuuurt

hellraiser
Sunday 24th May 2009, 11:16
Thank you for all the replys, sorry for the delay in getting back, been working away from home.
I've taken the car in to have everything checked on it & to have a good service done.
Can you all tell me what are the best things to get done & mod?
As soon As I get the car back I'll give it a good clean & take some pics for you all

cameron
Sunday 24th May 2009, 12:33
On the subject of the DV i said you only get the noise from it when you lift off the accelerator, which isnt very often in an auto, you dont have to lift of too change gears is what i meant, hopefully that'll clear things up for you Baj :B_thumb:

OOOOHHHH things to mod, well, theres Lowering it, bigger wheels, bigger brakes, Poly mounts, Performance exhaust, Tinted windows, And if you want to go the whole shabang you could get bigger injectors, turbo, downpipe, induction kit theres a whole lot of things you could do.

Just depends on how deep your pockets are and what sort of performance you want from your car :D

No doubt any help you need will be found on here :beer:

AlanG
Sunday 24th May 2009, 16:18
Hope he"s got a dump valve fitted!! phuuuuuuuuuurt

Catchtank would be better!!:lol: