PDA

View Full Version : Maf sensor

Taff - t5
Sunday 17th May 2009, 21:12
Had maf sensor cleaned and mamagement light reset on Wednesday.
MAnagment light came back on after refuelling this afternoon.
Do I need a new maf sensor?

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 17th May 2009, 21:16
Had maf sensor cleaned and mamagement light reset on Wednesday.
MAnagment light came back on after refuelling this afternoon.
Do I need a new maf sensor?

who told you it was at fault? were they sure? seen one on fleay bay £182 iirc for a bosch not sure if thats good or bad to be honest aint checked

Taff - t5
Sunday 17th May 2009, 21:25
Bridgend Volvo Services cleaned maf sensor and said if light came on again maf sensor would need replacing.Jason at B.V.S. not happy with the fact that i"ve got a j.r. panel
filter in the car.

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 17th May 2009, 21:40
Bridgend Volvo Services cleaned maf sensor and said if light came on again maf sensor would need replacing.Jason at B.V.S. not happy with the fact that i"ve got a j.r. panel
filter in the car.

hmmm i've had a k and n panel filter in mine for a year never had trouble.
did he say what they cost? and what they will do if it comes back on again after you've laid out for new one?

t5 pete
Sunday 17th May 2009, 21:55
Hello is this bvs a proper volvo garge because imho volvo wouldnt ike anyone fitting anything different to there cars.
Many people if not most fit performance panel filters to the cars and some fit open filters with no problems i had a k&n panel filter in for nearly 5yrs with no problems at all.
Also where abouts are do you live as if you live close to me if have a couple of spare mafs you could try before shelling out for a new one.

volvolised
Sunday 17th May 2009, 22:11
Who/did they read the codes ? for what its worth i've run a JR cone filter for 5 years BUT that doesn't mean your/any older maf will last that, my maf (on a 94 ) just went tits up last week..generous offer by pete, should check it out....

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 17th May 2009, 22:43
found this on ebay dunno if this is a good or bad price???
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120417807391

Taff - t5
Sunday 17th May 2009, 22:47
Hi PETE
Thanks for the offer but unfortunatly I live in South Wales