PDA

View Full Version : Dreaded light

Taff - t5
Sunday 17th May 2009, 20:06
Had maf sensor cleaned and fault codes cleared at Bridgend Volvo Services
on Wednesday. All was well until today.Filled up with petrol and went to my mums after about 40 mins left my mums started the 850 and the bloody management light came on again.Once again I"m at a loss as to why the management light has come back on. The love affair with the t5 has rapidly deteriotated and I"m thinking about buying another s or v40 and sending this one to the crusher!!

5seaterT5x2
Sunday 17th May 2009, 21:13
Had maf sensor cleaned and fault codes cleared at Bridgend Volvo Services
on Wednesday. All was well until today.Filled up with petrol and went to my mums after about 40 mins left my mums started the 850 and the bloody management light came on again.Once again I"m at a loss as to why the management light has come back on. The love affair with the t5 has rapidly deteriotated and I"m thinking about buying another s or v40 and sending this one to the crusher!!

what were the fault codes? obviously they need clearing but if the fault is'nt diagnosed correctly it's gotta come back, likely it were'nt the maf sensor. but would'nt suppose the stealers would tell you what the codes were though. bloody engine management light comes on at the drop of a bleedin hat. mine come on the other day weak mixture at idle after fitting new lambda, but that was on lpg so had to go back to them guys for a tweak on their computer. luckilly my t5 has the diagnostics gizmo under the bonnet

5seaterT5x2
Monday 1st June 2009, 21:23
hows the car?

Taff - t5
Monday 1st June 2009, 21:30
Cars running fine
Thanks for your help
Hope you had good journey home

walter leever
Monday 1st June 2009, 22:43
Probably a vacuum problem(they're a pain in the butt)

I presume you've checked the vacuum lines,i had something simular.

A thought(this is what i did aswell)when you poor water over the intake collector does the engine hick-up,if so the seal is leaking also causing a vacuum problem.I replaced the seal(and carter ventilation and all is fine now.
Hope this helps,

walter

5seaterT5x2
Tuesday 2nd June 2009, 08:26
yea mate thanks a trouble free in not tedious drive home, hate towing caravan ;-)

glad car is sorted