PDA

View Full Version : windscreen water beading

gazbak1
Saturday 16th May 2009, 19:18
i have been using meguaires glass cleaner and it works great on the side and rear windows. but on the windscreen the water dosent bead off like id hope it would.

any tips on how to get the water to bead off the windscreen.

thanks

gazbak1

t5 pete
Saturday 16th May 2009, 19:19
i always use rain x its about £6 a bottle and is great stuff you dont even have to use the wipers when your moving above 40mph

850 t5 vs 600cc
Saturday 16th May 2009, 19:26
i used to use rain-x on the window screen and in the screen wash. After a while it would coat the window screen and the rain would bead off when driving, but not below MPH really. It also stopped most of the fly's and other animals sticking to the window screen.

gazbak1
Saturday 16th May 2009, 19:43
thanks i tried to get rain x but was sold out so got meguires i will try rain x next.

gazbak1

LeeT5
Tuesday 19th May 2009, 18:58
thanks i tried to get rain x but was sold out so got meguires i will try rain x next.

gazbak1

Sold out? Halfords always stock it. I use rainx too, very good. The Maguires glass cleaner is exactly that...a glass cleaner. It's not mean't to repel water.

unforgiven
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 10:37
i use gold wax on the windows
even in heavy rain i hardly use the wiper on the motorway

v70torslanda
Wednesday 20th May 2009, 21:16
Lidl had a 'nano-tech' water repellant in stock a couple of weeks back - £2.95.

I tried it. It's more involved than Rain-X but for the money it works brilliantly. I bought a couple of kits but I'm going to go back and see if there's any left.

luv'n'stuff

J

doug kyle
Thursday 21st May 2009, 21:25
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/products/229833/diamondbrite_rain_screen.html

This is the stuff that i use buddy,
i feel that it's better & longer lasting than rain-x.
But each to there own. :)