PDA

View Full Version : Done

Persian
Saturday 16th May 2009, 17:20
1. Hi guys, as you were aware from my last thread i needed to change my heater matrix OMG how easy was the job. Now that is done i might as well get everything a clean and service so i changed spark plugs and oil filter as well as brakes. But i have a serious problem with my thermo, basically i could not get the thing to open no matter what i tried. So i removed it from the housing " i mean i tried to remove it from the housing ;-)" but nothing i removed the 2 bolts on top but the bolt underneath is a pain to get to. So the reason for my post it that to thank everyone that helped me and see if anyone knows any way to get to that bottom bolt, but baring in mind i have removed the fuel rail and the steering pump and alternator to get rid of the top bolts but the bottom one has a massive metal thing attached near it. So if any help can be assisting i really would appreciate it.

2. And another thing, how the fuk shall i change the bulbs from the speedo you know the clusters ect? I been at that aswell today lol.

Many Thanks

Persian
Saturday 16th May 2009, 18:39
Got the cluster out lol at last. Thanks

AlanG
Saturday 16th May 2009, 23:23
Bit confused matey. Thermo housing has only two torx bolts. Thermo sits in a rubber seal within. Not sure what your problem is/was......

Tomcat
Saturday 16th May 2009, 23:34
I think he means he can't get the thermo housing off, so he's taking the whole housing off as one. Fraid I can't help as I've never had to do it(yet, mine's stuck too), it's a common problem.

AlanG
Sunday 17th May 2009, 00:30
Never terminal. If push comes to shove chisel them round and replace with a couple of 13mm bolts.

Persian
Sunday 17th May 2009, 14:16
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GUYS I NEED HELP, S*** i have my girlfriends birthday to go to tommorrow and just removed the thermo housing and the one i bought is totally different its a lot bigger in size nooooooooooo please has anyone got spare and explain why it is different?

I will travel from manchester to anywere? Please

Many Thanks

callyuk
Sunday 17th May 2009, 14:27
if push comes to shove run it without a thermosat until you can get the right one

callyuk
Sunday 17th May 2009, 14:29
it wont do any harm but will run cooler and you wont have much of a heater

t5 pete
Sunday 17th May 2009, 14:30
I think its the housing that he needs not the thermostat

Persian
Sunday 17th May 2009, 14:32
Yeah i would mate but i want everything to be sorted by tomorrow. And i called a spare shop and they said we will call you tomorrow so fingers cross it wont be to expensive.

Thanks

Persian
Sunday 17th May 2009, 14:34
Lol yeah. but i still need the whole housing - is there anyone out there to help me out. And can it me purchased by a 3rd party spares company?

Many Thanks

Persian
Monday 18th May 2009, 11:30
Please guys i need to know why didnt a normal 850 fit my t5 thermo housing ? Are they different and i need 1 ASAP.

Many Thanks

t5 pete
Monday 18th May 2009, 11:58
Have you tryed a scrap yard

Persian
Monday 18th May 2009, 14:46
Just got one at last brilliant, right do you know the PTC. Basically i clean that out and i am in the process off fitting everything back but you know that pipe that leads to the airbox? There is a small pipe conected to it and i cant remember were it goes " I KNOW SO STUPID"

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks