PDA

View Full Version : Powerflex part numbers

Niles
Friday 15th May 2009, 16:52
For all those struggling to convince a powerflex supplier that powerflex do do the 2 lower front engine tie bar mount bushes.....

Here's the Powerflex part numbers that you need. Large bush... PFF88-612
Small bush PFF88-611.

Powerflex's web site duz not show these items, neither will any suppliers powerflex catalogue. If you want to do your lower front tie bar bushes use those reference numbers.
Partsforvolvosonline only give thier own ref number & if you're trying to source the locally PFV's number is NO help.
(I was on the phone to powerflex talking them through Partsforvolvosonlines website so they could see for themselves. lol)

unforgiven
Friday 15th May 2009, 16:54
wow, imagine that
explaining to a company about there own product that they dont know about!!!!

Niles
Friday 15th May 2009, 16:59
lol. Thats what I thought mate. I also gave them the info that thier lovely 'Firewall bush' will NOT fit the 850. They say it will. It WONT!!! (unless you fit the larger (later) firewall mounting bracket).
That's them told. lol

mexybhouy
Friday 15th May 2009, 22:18
correct! i had to buy a new larger firewall mount and cut out a perfectly good bush out then fit the new polybush.. the older style mount has a smaller bush but can be pushed out as it has a nylon sleeve around it! why cant they make a bush that fits straight into the old bracket???? ps. the engine stablizer bracket lies directly on the bush and not on the the stainless steel insert with the bolt and transmits a lot more noise than it should! the noise with just the big polybush fitted was loud enough before bit with the two fitted i can feel the engine vibrate into the cabin and hear the auto box whineing when coming to a standstill. the gearbox is fine it's it's just the running of the gearbox greatly exagerated that you don't hear with standard rubber bushes! still looking for a polybush to fit the old bracket. my car is a 1998 v70r awd by the way!!!!!!!!!!

dooby
Friday 15th May 2009, 23:25
Hi,

yeah I just found this out today as well.

Bugger - will be getting on to them...

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/DOO13Y/Photo003sm-1.jpg

Cheers, Pete

t5 pete
Friday 15th May 2009, 23:26
Hi,

yeah I just found this out today as well.

Bugger - will be getting on to them...

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/DOO13Y/Photo003sm-1.jpg

Cheers, Pete

With a bit of copper slip they should fit in there nicely lol

T5arrrgghh
Saturday 16th May 2009, 00:14
With a bit of copper slip they should fit in there nicely lol

ahhahahah nice...now that was funny