PDA

View Full Version : Problems ?

Persian
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 17:00
Hi guys very nice to come back to broadband once again lol, i been trying to refurb my new house and having problems aswell as my car so.

1. I have had a major problem with overheating. Basiclly the cooling fan does not work so trying to replace the thermo, but i have been having problems in opening the god dam bolts lol. So i tryed to force my way with the star key but unfortunitlly another problem accured. Which was a water leak coming from no were? Been under the car and i seen it leaking were the oil filter it but still dont know were it is coming from?

If any advice or help will really appricate it

Many Thanks
Daniel

t5 pete
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 17:06
Could the water leak be coming from the thermostat housing on the underneath if you hae been messing with it

Persian
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 17:23
Lol is there a housing pipe underneath the thermo? If so then most defiantly it will be that.

Thanks for pointing it out Pete

t5 pete
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 17:25
I am thinking its the thermostat housing that is leaking at the bottom maybe it could be the gasket or a crack in the housing

Persian
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 17:34
I hope its that lol, it better not be the gasket :-(. Becasue as soon as i messed with the thermo thats when it happened and i soon as i put water into the expansion tank it emptys within seconds?

t5 pete
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 17:39
Only other place to see is the bottom hose that connects to the expansion tank i would take the thermostat housinng of either get some gasket paste/silicone and just check theres no cracks in housing then put back together leave over night and try agian

Persian
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 19:15
Sorry again but there is nooooooooooooooooooo way i can open the bolts on top of the thermo wtf. Any help please

Sorry

Persian
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 19:15
how about these? http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=99849

t5 pete
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 19:18
The only other way to open them isto use a hammer and chistle and put a notch it the bolt head and tap it round to realse it just be care full not to snap the head off

t5 pete
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 19:20
how about these? http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=99849

It could do the trick

Persian
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 19:23
Thanks Pete

t5 pete
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 19:31
no worries

Persian
Thursday 14th May 2009, 13:58
OMG am in a crisis guys, i just cant get the thermo open at all the bolts are planted in. Is there any other way to bypass my way in?

Many Thanks

MrMopp
Thursday 14th May 2009, 14:05
OMG am in a crisis guys, i just cant get the thermo open at all the bolts are planted in. Is there any other way to bypass my way in?

Many Thanks

Nope if you cant gain access yourself id get a local garage to take a look , without good quality tools youre going to struggle.

Persian
Thursday 14th May 2009, 14:06
kewl thanks mate.

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 14th May 2009, 18:38
Hi guys very nice to come back to broadband once again lol, i been trying to refurb my new house and having problems aswell as my car so.

1. I have had a major problem with overheating. Basiclly the cooling fan does not work so trying to replace the thermo, but i have been having problems in opening the god dam bolts lol. So i tryed to force my way with the star key but unfortunitlly another problem accured. Which was a water leak coming from no were? Been under the car and i seen it leaking were the oil filter it but still dont know were it is coming from?

If any advice or help will really appricate it

Many Thanks
Daniel

i expect you've done the housing for thermo a pain but not the end of the world did mine over a year ago iirc the poersteering pump etc gotta come of 3 bolts hold it to block definately doable if your reasonably ok with spanners

Persian
Friday 15th May 2009, 10:14
Brilliant thanks guys i got the whole thing out, and now need to go scrappy to get me self one :-)

Thank You