PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5: How much would you pay?

ajh
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 09:12
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum.

My S40 T4 got written off a few weeks ago, so today I am going to look at a W reg (2000) Volvo V70 T5 S Geartronic. It has 12 months MOT, 115k miles on the clock, full service history, blue metallic with black leather interior. It does look very clean.

How much would you expect to pay for a car like this?

Thanks,
Andy

JelT5
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 09:27
Hi mate, I paid £1400 for my very clean '98 T5CD with 137k and Volvo FSH last October (on ebay) but I think prices have dropped a little more since then.
Hope that helps a bit.
Cheers
Jerry

How much is the seller asking for it?

lance
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 09:30
I paid £3500 for a W plate V70 T5 Se P2 manual March 08 IRC, but the arse has fallen out the market and its not manual I would guess £2-2500 max

ajh
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 09:30
Hi mate,

Thanks for your reply.

The one I am looking at is the next shape on from yours and he's asking £3k. It seems a bit steep to me, but if the car is as clean as it looks in the pictures has full Volvo history etc... then maybe it's worth it?

Andy

cornclose
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 10:24
Pay what you think it's worth. Only you can decide that. There was a phase 2 model in the for sale section the other week for £3k, and that was a 2001 Y reg.

KPB
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 10:24
My recently departed S60 T5 with 101k is currently for sale at £3.5k at a dealer in Nhants. Adjusting the value for mileage and the extra storage of an estate, then I think the ballpark figure he's asking is about right. Obviously you should be able to knock a few hundred off in negotiations. I certainly dont think the price you mention is either a rip off nor a bargain.

princepugh
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 12:02
Sounds possibly a little on the steep side due to the age, although the mileage shouldn't be a problem. If you can afford it, the face-lifted >05 Phase 2 is the one to go for.

dave stew
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 18:49
If I got £3k for my 2002 manual with 146k up I'd show my bum in Burton's window.

Sorry - I'm a silly old git and that's a 1980s expression...:redface:

JelT5
Wednesday 13th May 2009, 22:39
Hi mate,

Thanks for your reply.

The one I am looking at is the next shape on from yours and he's asking £3k. It seems a bit steep to me, but if the car is as clean as it looks in the pictures has full Volvo history etc... then maybe it's worth it?

Andy

I'd have thought 2-2.5k; I say this because I very nearly bought a p2 and tha seemed to be the going rate when I was looking. I didn't (in the end) because I'd have had to pay massive tax on a car less than 10yrs old here in France. You get taxed on the horsepower...x2 for an under 10 :parhmph:

ajh
Thursday 14th May 2009, 15:05
Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

I went to see the car yesterday - Couldn't get on with the Geartronic box, and the car just seemed a bit abused to me + he wanted £3k for it which was way too much in my opinion.

Nevermind will keep looking.

Andy

cornclose
Thursday 14th May 2009, 15:29
If it's anything like when I bought mine just over a year ago, you'll have a fair few more to look at before you find a decent one...

AlanG
Thursday 14th May 2009, 18:14
I'd have thought 2-2.5k; I say this because I very nearly bought a p2 and tha seemed to be the going rate when I was looking. I didn't (in the end) because I'd have had to pay massive tax on a car less than 10yrs old here in France. You get taxed on the horsepower...x2 for an under 10 :parhmph:

Sshhhhhhhh!!! Gordon might be listening.......

Jimmie
Thursday 14th May 2009, 20:36

That explains why theres so many old banger over there!!.