PDA

View Full Version : high revs

t5lover
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 10:30
hello peeps i am just going to buy a volvo t5 and the bloke said soon as u start it the revs goe to 1300 rpm and stay there any ideas peeps please let me know thanks

cameron
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 10:34
Eh ...Idle Control Valve thingy :confused:

t5lover
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 10:36
thats cool i give it a go i got a spare thanks young man i got to say your car is lovely!!

cameron
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 10:46
Cheers matey :D

Its took a while and a bit of money but its geting there now, slowly.

I think i'll just lower it slightly and black out the rear windows and i'll be pretty much sorted, although a 302 set up would be nice as well.

All that after i have had the bumpers sprayed of course they look terrible, the last owner took a can of primer to them after they couldnt gauge the size of the car, Ah old people eh, bless them ;)

Hallsy
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 11:58
Yep, most likely to be the IAC valve, will just need a good clean out to free it up.

Failing that, could be an air leak, or even an incorrectly adjusted idle screw/stop.

I'd go with the IAC though :)

AlanG
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 12:59
Mine was also idling fast. Traced it to that b*****d vac elbow under the timing side of the inlet manifold. They're famous for it!

t5lover
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 13:01
thankyou for getting back to me i give them ago soon as i pick the old girl up thanks!!

AlanG
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 13:12
If it does turn out to be that vac pipe,see my thread entitled "the usual suspect" I've put an explanation up of how to change the little bugger at no cost HTH

t5lover
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 13:21
thanks mate i have a look thanks

t5lover
Sunday 17th May 2009, 00:22
If it does turn out to be that vac pipe,see my thread entitled "the usual suspect" I've put an explanation up of how to change the little bugger at no cost HTH

well chaps i got the second t5 home last night or friday eveing go home all in 1 peace lol saturday morning she had a good wash then poped the bonnet and found that lovely little pipe hanging of pushed it back on all is well now runs lovely i will put some pics of on here soon did have time today no i am thinking of keeping both of my t5s as i have fulling in love with them both oh well happy volvoing lol