PDA

View Full Version : C70 interior updated

MIKESC70T5
Monday 11th May 2009, 14:03
For sometime, i've been looking for the alluminium trim for my C70, as i was bored of the "black gloss kitchen worktop look" that i had in the car lol. Problem is the alluminium trim kit is as rare as rocking horse poo second hand,but when it is available, people want silly money for it imo.

I thought i'd have ago at removing my original stuff and spraying it with alluminium paint. Along with what is normally only done, i also sprayed the air vents and trim around the door handles and electric window suurounds, imo this balances the look better.

What you think?

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th May 2009, 14:30
I have said same interior MFI worktop finish. I still like mine - despite moppy's protestations.

I still have a hankering to get the whole interior professionally retrimmed - but with a new house, working in Holland and saving for a wedding - I doubt it will ever happen.

I want contrasting piping on the seats and some alcantara in the middle and maybe some custom embroidery.

IMHO Your aluminium interior lacks luster - though it may be the photos - but I like the matching plastic on the vents.

Outside looks sweet.

Cubes
Monday 11th May 2009, 14:35
I think you've made a very tidy job there fella. I have the aluminium trim but not sure how aluminium vents etc would look with a cream interior.

MIKESC70T5
Monday 11th May 2009, 14:40
Hi Dave, the pictures haven't come out very well. I have 4 layers of lacquer, which has given it a really nice deep gloss look.

Cubes, i think the alluminium would only look good against the darker interiors.

Jaseb77
Monday 11th May 2009, 15:42
nice work, I hope it lasts though and doesn't flake off in sweaty weather !

Filterlab
Monday 11th May 2009, 16:24
That is a cracking job indeed, looks very fresh. :)

richiemat
Monday 11th May 2009, 16:33
i like. looks really good.:crazy:

MIKESC70T5
Monday 11th May 2009, 17:17
nice work, I hope it lasts though and doesn't flake off in sweaty weather !

i hope not lol. It's a pig of a job taking out the centre console. Not hard, but you need to be double jointed and have small hands. You would of thought 4 screws to hold the stereo surround in would be enough. Not bloody likely, Volvo use 13 of them and they all face backwards, so putting them back in is a nightmare.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 11th May 2009, 21:49
Hi Dave, the pictures haven't come out very well. I have 4 layers of lacquer, which has given it a really nice deep gloss look.

Cubes, i think the alluminium would only look good against the darker interiors.
I hope you dont think that I am poo-pooing your efforts. I think that it may be the camera that lets it down.

One day I think it would be nice to have a C70 get together - and show these boxy estate boys, where the real cream lies.

I know from personal experience how much effort is involved - having completely redone (taste is relative) the interior of my 740 (my first Volvo)

AndysR
Monday 11th May 2009, 21:50
Nice job and individual as well with the extra bits painted to match. :)

t5 pete
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:01
One day I think it would be nice to have a C70 get together - and show these boxy estate boys, where the real cream lies.

:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious i bet deep down you wished you had a estate :haha:

AndysR
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:04
:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious i bet deep down you wished you had a estate :haha:

To hell with the estates.... everyone knows the saloons are king!..............runs for cover! :rice:

t5 pete
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:14
To hell with the estates.... everyone knows the saloons are king!..............runs for cover! :rice:

Theres too many pople in denile with these 2 door volvos and saloons.
If your wanting a proper volvo get a estate :saythat:

Tomcat
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:17
If someone says Volvo what's the first thing that comes to mind??, ESTATE CAR!!!, why did Volvo become so well known in touring cars??, Because they ran an ESTATE!!!..Come on guys, get with the program..

AndysR
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:23
If someone says Volvo what's the first thing that comes to mind??, ESTATE CAR!!!, why did Volvo become so well known in touring cars??, Because they ran an ESTATE!!!..

and they faired better with the saloon ;)

MIKESC70T5
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:39
Theres too many pople in denile with these 2 door volvos and saloons.
If your wanting a proper volvo get a estate :saythat:

been there,had one,got the post card lol

MIKESC70T5
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:46
[QUOTE=Wobbly Dave;228669]One day I think it would be nice to have a C70 get together - and show these boxy estate boys, where the real cream lies.

At the Swedish Day last Sunday at the Haynes motor museum, out of the 6 of us that went up,
3 x c70's,
1 x 850 estate,
1 x V70 phase 2 estate
1 x S70.

The 3 other Volvos already there were an S40, a 480 and a C70 cabriolet.

Taff - t5
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:54
You could get a window sticker for the C70"s.
My other car is an ESTATE !!!

Happygilmore78
Friday 15th May 2009, 11:40
Very nice job mate, it looks mint!

I know what you mean about front being a bugger - i colour coded to car about a year ago, well everything apart from back section, which you gave me the info on to get out, which i will be doing this weekend possibly.

Mine hasnt flaked off, so hopefully yours wont :)

AlanG
Friday 15th May 2009, 19:55
and they faired better with the saloon ;)

That they did!!