PDA

View Full Version : rear brakes grinding

jonno12
Sunday 10th May 2009, 17:12
as some of you know ive got the car back but omg its not well lool the engine is fine but need new pads for the rear any idea on prices including discs and without if any on has done it recently

many thanks jonno

t5 pete
Sunday 10th May 2009, 17:24
I would give rufe a call as i always like to use genuine volvo pads and discs if your felling a little flush you could get some drilled and grooved discs but imho i would always use genuine volvo pads.

AlanG
Monday 11th May 2009, 00:36
Seconded. You have a 150MPH car and Volvo equipped it with brakes to match it's performance. Drilled and grooved discs will be noisy (in my experience) and wear more quickly.Not to mention the outlay in purchasing them. Just my view.

Al115
Monday 11th May 2009, 09:03
LOL - if anything, Volvo under-specced the brakes! :D But the OEM discs and pads are pretty good.

T5arrrgghh
Monday 11th May 2009, 20:24
LOL - if anything, Volvo under-specced the brakes! :D But the OEM discs and pads are pretty good.

I kinda agree but i guess for most drivers they were fine, just on pushing they give up easy....cant say what its like as its a family forum....

AlanG
Monday 11th May 2009, 20:38
Yep,least said about speed on here,the better. The tartan rug hypocrites will eat you alive.......I should know.....! To agree with the brake upgrade topic,I have noticed that when requiring to lose a lot of speed quickly,the standard setup gets noisy. Being mostly law abiding,it's not a big issue though:biggrin:

Mrsmopp
Monday 11th May 2009, 20:53
Yep,least said about speed on here,the better. The tartan rug hypocrites will eat you alive.......I should know.....!

If you wish to break the law thats up to you but stop having a pop just because the forum as a whole has a responsibility to promote RESPONSIBLE driving!! :rolleyes: If you genuinely cant see why we dont condone speeding then you have an awful lot to learn.

AlanG
Monday 11th May 2009, 21:22
Right on cue!!! And as predicted....There was no mention of anything illegal. You people just can't help yourselves.

Mrsmopp
Monday 11th May 2009, 21:26
Right on cue!!! And as predicted....There was no mention of anything illegal. You people just can't help yourselves.

Grow up :rolleyes:

AlanG
Monday 11th May 2009, 21:41
My apologies.....Seems I've touched a nerve.

AndysR
Monday 11th May 2009, 21:45
I would always go with Volvo on the brakes as they appear to be good quality products and to be fair seem to cope well with day to day driving, lesser quality products in my experience are noiser, tend to generate more brake disc and wear out quicker. :)

AlanG
Monday 11th May 2009, 22:18
Do the S60 high perfomance brake linings fit the 850? Could be the ideal solution....

BigV
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 07:37
I paid £85 inc delivery for rear discs (drilled&grooved) & pads on my C70..... I don't know how this compares to volvo parts from a dealer.

GregE102
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 12:23
Just a note,

I paid £97 with vat & Del for new discks all round Origonal Volvo from Nordic and the fronts where 302 as well. I think the rears where £18 odd each give them a call

jonno12
Sunday 17th May 2009, 16:33
hoping ive sused out what iot is its the piston sills again i remember it going on the other side last time so off to the garrage it goes again lol