PDA

View Full Version : fiting a mulitchanger? SC901

BigV
Friday 8th May 2009, 19:31
Is it possible to fit a cd multi changer in the boot, one that will work with my SC901 head unit AND play home burned CDs?

If so which changer should I buy and how difficult to fit is it? I'm not so good with really fiddly electric stuff - Plug in and play is more my style.

pigfight
Sunday 31st October 2010, 11:24
did you ever find a solution to this bigv?
ive got the same system in a phase 1 v70 and want to fit the 6 cd changer unit from an 850r, not even sure which side of the boot it goes, or where to begin with marrying it up to the head unit!
any advice appreciated,
cheers.

silverback02
Sunday 31st October 2010, 13:43
Hi there,
Start off by pulling out you SC901, and observing the cables behind it,
if there is a mini din plug (Might be plugged in or tucked away) there, then the cables are in position.
If they are, check in the luggage compartment behind the carpet on the left hand side, or under the drivers seat for the other end.
When you find them, There are units comming up on the bay, or some alpine units fit.
Here's pics of mine.
Joe.

claymore
Sunday 31st October 2010, 13:48
did you ever find a solution to this bigv?
ive got the same system in a phase 1 v70 and want to fit the 6 cd changer unit from an 850r, not even sure which side of the boot it goes, or where to begin with marrying it up to the head unit!
any advice appreciated,
cheers.

all the wiring is under the removable floor pannel at the near side back.

pigfight
Sunday 31st October 2010, 23:10
Hi there,
Start off by pulling out you SC901, and observing the cables behind it,
if there is a mini din plug (Might be plugged in or tucked away) there, then the cables are in position.
If they are, check in the luggage compartment behind the carpet on the left hand side, or under the drivers seat for the other end.
When you find them, There are units comming up on the bay, or some alpine units fit.
Here's pics of mine.
Joe.

cheers guys,
but do i take it from this that the cd changer from a 96 850r isnt compatible with the 901 head unit?

claymore
Sunday 31st October 2010, 23:13
yes it is compatible