PDA

View Full Version : p1 v70r awd vin code needed HELP!

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 8th May 2009, 15:12
currently awaiting suspension for back of my 850, can someone with a p1 v70r
tell me what the vin code is in the bottom right hand box of plate. its six to twelve digits long numbers and letters. without this i cant order the correct parts. { which the car is in desperate need of,} please help seems a shame to have to replace with original nivomats, when i can get lower v70r ones

Dangerous Dave
Friday 8th May 2009, 16:00
Its not the vin number, its the chassis code (different to the VIN).

Mental Wealth Doctor
Friday 8th May 2009, 16:25
cheers bomb

Mental Wealth Doctor
Saturday 9th May 2009, 13:28
ok now have discovered nivomats are the same on v70r as 850 awd, just springs that are lower.

v70rade
Saturday 9th May 2009, 22:17
ok now have discovered nivomats are the same on v70r as 850 awd, just springs that are lower.

Hi Mate,

I’m afraid that's not the end of the matter!!! The general component type is the same, but each model had a choice of different "number" marked Nivomat (i.e. 5,6,7 etc), dependent upon the factory model (2.5, T5, R etc) and, whether or not an option for "factory lowered" suspension was taken up by the original owner - In addition the rear springs are Colour coded and "numbered / Lettered" to match the shocks (Blue, Red, yellow - M, T, Y, 1, 2 etc). IIRC The Nivomats are what sets the ride height on cars with self-levelling and the springs are there to compensate whilst the Nivomats "self level" - The rear springs are quite soft in comparison to 'normal' springs.

If it helps, the Volvo part numbers for my car (2000 MY Phase III V70R awd with factory lowered suspension option) are listed below : -

Nivomat - V08626025 - Marked 5
Spring - V09200184 - Red - Marked T

IIRC there are five different "matched" spring / Nivomat combinations just for this model year.

To give you a rough idea of ride height - The above part numbered items were fitted as standard replacements a few months ago and, on level ground, immediately after a drive, there is about a 1 1/2 - 2" gap between the top of the tyre and the inner lip of the wheel arch - after the car has settled you can just about get your fingers between the tyre and the arch.

I hope that this helps,

Ade.