PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering Boost After new turbo

PaulZX
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 21:12
ok, I've fitted the new turbo, injectors, and whatnot, the car starts and ticks over @ ~ 975rpm, lovely. The probs start when I hit the go button, she really struggles to rev, but after a few goes, she wil rev great. Go to drive, and she pulls really smoothly until the boost cuts in, then she stutters, and chokes, you back off the gas a wee bit, and away she goes, but with hardly any boost.

I've just read thru the thread linked to below, and it's kinda like t5pete mentions in the 1st comment..... but why would the boost solenoid die now? It's not on the script.....

any suggestions would be appreciated....

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21968

t5 pete
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 21:24
Is the vacume hose conected to the compressor housing or does it have a split in it and same for the acuator vac hose

PaulZX
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 21:53
yeah they're not in 100% condition, but they aint split.

Which colour goes where, if you know? At least I could check 100% I've not mixed them up....

t5 pete
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 21:59
Red=compressor housing
yellow=acuator
blue=air hose leading to turbo from air box

PaulZX
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 22:02
kewl I'll check that in a short while... suppin a well deserved beer at the minute....

t5 pete
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 22:07
kewl I'll check that in a short while... suppin a well deserved beer at the minute....

With the work you have done you deserve abeer theres nothing worse that these fwd cars lol