PDA

View Full Version : boot trim

unforgiven
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 14:51
my boot panel is loose and as aresult when driving its bloody annoyin!!!
anybody have the same prob? whats the fix

96T5Andy
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 18:17
my boot panel is loose and as aresult when driving its bloody annoyin!!!
anybody have the same prob? whats the fix

I think partsforvolvos.com do a tailgate trim repair kit for about 15 quid. not tried one but I've seen them about and I'm sure someone on here has. I take it its for an estate not a saloon

unforgiven
Thursday 7th May 2009, 13:38
yep its an estate
im going to be selling the car soon so really need to get it done as its such a turn off listing to the noise

cameron
Thursday 7th May 2009, 21:24
PFS do them mate :D

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=3137

Or theres good old Fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-700-900-850-V70-TAILGATE-PANEL-REPAIR-KIT_W0QQitemZ270381193349QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item270381193349&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50

Happy to help :B_thumb:

Tomcat
Thursday 7th May 2009, 22:08
They're pretty good, I used one a while back and I've not had so much as a rattle since.

unforgiven
Thursday 7th May 2009, 22:12
thanks guys

woz
Thursday 7th May 2009, 22:17
yep its an estate
im going to be selling the car soon so really need to get it done as its such a turn off listing to the noise
There's also a standard volvo part - its not THAT dear but PFV prob cheaper - I have one sat in my boot with the other bits waiting to be done to Lusty. I took the panel out and it sounds bliss. After twelve months of rattling - I thought I had gone deaf!!! If you cannopt wait a bot of work with a hot glue gun will do the trick. The clips beak out from the plastic locators on the back iof the trim panel. The repair kit has a bendable metal clip you rivet or s/t screw into place and a new clip to fix into it. Times six or whatever. Nice easy job. I have the p/n if you want just PM me, I can call you with details - you will get one from Rufe pretty quick.

Cheers

W:>)

dave854
Friday 8th May 2009, 13:19
I've done this on my mums 740, worked well for a few years. After a while the metal does bend and give leaving the clips enough room to pop out. a slightly thicker bit of metal would have sorted it. Not tried it on the v70 i must confess... either way its cheaper than a new panel! What i also did on the 740 because the trim was rubbing around the edges (where the side part meets the metal panel) was to cut some washer pipe down the middle and fitted over the edge of the tailgate trim. Also helped to tighten it up and stop it moving around and making noises.

mine isn't too bad at the moment, although my entier tailgate seems to rattle after some rolls of felt came loose and went flying into the tailgate! (d'oh!). Also the handle on the outside has little feel to it when opening the boot now - used to give a nice clonky kinda sound. Any ideas? I'm wondering if i've besnt something or moved something? (sorry to hijack the thread!)