PDA

View Full Version : what difference would it make

badger1980
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 13:58
Hi all just been reading on another forum about fitting a 960 throttle body and the cams out of a 850 na just wondering what i could expect from these mods and easy is it to obtain the parts and fit them cheers all.

Badger and mrs + bump lol

Tomcat
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 14:12
Don't know which forum you where on but have a read of this from VS...

960 Throttle body linky. (http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=94794&hl=larger++throttle++body)

Enigma666
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 14:17
960 is larger bore NA cams have higher lift and longer duration I think, therefore you will get slightly better throttle response.... is it worth it....depends on what you have planned for the engine really, standard turbo etc then yeah good mod, bigger turbo etc, then na.....get custom grounds instead :D

p fandango
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 14:40
i did the 960 throttle body along with improved reverse intercooler pipework & it made alot of difference. When i first fitted the 19T it felt too laggy, after the throttle body & pipes i'd say it spools up as fast as my 15G did

badger1980
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 14:47
im very tempted now haven't got the penny's for the bigger turbo yet as we've just found out there will be a little one arriving at the end of the year but might be able to get enough together for the throttle body and the cams and just run it on the stock turbo for now cheers guys

p fandango
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 14:52
im very tempted now haven't got the penny's for the bigger turbo yet as we've just found out there will be a little one arriving at the end of the year but might be able to get enough together for the throttle body and the cams and just run it on the stock turbo for now cheers guys
i did have the cams as well but had a change of plan before i got them fitted, to fit the throttle body you'll need a flap sander to enlarge the hole on the manifold or the butterfly won't open, & you'll have to extend the 3 wires to the TPS switch as its mounted the other way around on the 960 (still the same switch as the 850, just mounted different)