PDA

View Full Version : over boost

850 t5 vs 600cc
Monday 4th May 2009, 23:14
I've herd that the T5r has over boost on the turbo and the others don't. I have a T5 and its over boost so setting up the boost controller has been a pain. If i tune it to 1 bar then its ok and does not over boost but its not safe. When i tune it to .9 then then i get over boost when flooring it from lower revs and cuts out. When its tuned to .7 bar its ok but feels really slow and it boost slowly. I'm going to try a higher octain rating petrol and i'll see what happens. Any other idea's???????

Cheers Dave

PaulZX
Monday 4th May 2009, 23:30
FYI.... I ran mine at 12psi, and with 95 ron juice, before the work I'm doing...

she ran fine, never overboosted, never had flatspots, never pinked, never had an issue...

cameron
Monday 4th May 2009, 23:33
My 2nd T5 had an MBC on it and it would overboost like mad :(

Ive no idea what psi it was running but i took it off the day after i got it and it run 100% better and 10 times quicker :D

p fandango
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 04:01
the "overboost" feature on the T-5R is a 20second feature programmed into the ECU which gives a higher boost level directly after WOT (wide open throttle) & gives them an extra 15bhp over the normal T-5's

the "overboost" you mention on your car is a safety feature built into the ECU, it is cutting the power as the MAF (mass air-flow sensor) is trying to pass more air than the ECU has been programmed to pass at set rpm levels, ie knowing the boost level is too high