PDA

View Full Version : black bonnet (???)

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 20:53
Hi All, keep seeing scoobys and other jap cars with either carbon or black gloss or satin black bonnets, tempted to do summat with mine, or will it just ruin it, what ya think, here is a pic of her now.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg327/cragmaz/DSC00036.jpg

Also wanting to ditch my drivers seat for a good quality bucket seat , can anyone reccomend a make, model and subframe, an how easy to fit???

thanks in advance

craig

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 20:55
Apparently there is a painting technique that will make your bonnet look like it's made of Carbon Fibre, I looked into it a while back. If you want to do it then go for it,

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:02
The whole point of a T5 is that they aren't jap crap so why would you paint your bonnet to LOOK like its carbon fibre if its metal??

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:03
Don't listen to her!, she's mental.....(run's and hide's,lol)

If you want to do it then go ahead, Dare to be different!!.

t5 pete
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:05
and have a scooby vent aswell

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:06
Now your just being silly, why not stick some neons and some go faster stripes on while your at it?...

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:08
Don't listen to her!, she's mental.....(run's and hide's,lol)

If you want to do it then go ahead, Dare to be different!!.

Yeah dare to be different like all those spotty teenagers who drive round in their chavved up corsa's because they're "individual" innit :rolleyes:

Why not go the whole hog and get some M3 badges for the back, a shopping list of brands you dont have on your car in stickers down the wings and some lexus lights too :hail:

PaulZX
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:09
The whole point of a T5 is that they aren't jap crap so why would you paint your bonnet to LOOK like its carbon fibre if its metal??

Isn't the whole point of modifying, to make something different? Why follow the herd, if you want different?

t5 pete
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:09
oh and a set of rear lights i have
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt39/t5pete/DSC00059.jpg

And mrs mop thinks these are brill and going to get a set when they get a t5 estate lol

BackInBlack
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:10
Or you could do what I done to my air box.
O O O O O O
O O O O O
O O O
O

Make believe speed! LOL :D

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:11
Isn't the whole point of modifying, to make something different? Why follow the herd, if you want different?

No, you modify to help your car perform better - adding plastic tat, stickers, painting bonnets black etc does not improve performance and thus a complete waste of time.

If you have chavtastic tendancies then why not buy Jap in the first place?

MrMopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:12
Apparently there is a painting technique that will make your bonnet look like it's made of Carbon Fibre, I looked into it a while back. If you want to do it then go for it,

I believe the "technique" is known as SAD

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:16
lol!!!

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:19

Exactly!!, paint it lime green and glue chunks of cheese to it!! that would certainly be unique!!..

BackInBlack
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:25
I'm sure you've all seen this before:

If you really want to be individual give this a try...

http://tugagames.com/victor/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/hummer_1.jpg

MrMopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:34
http://tugagames.com/victor/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/hummer_1.jpg

Dont give TC anymore ideas PLEASE :cuckoo::biggrin:

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:42
ok,ok, i`ll scrap that idea then, :slap:
was in 2 minds about it anyway, but you all have made my mind up, chavtastic i certainly am not!!!!!

definatly serious aboout the bucket tho, for a purposeful gain, as my car handles like its on rails thanks to extensive suspension mods and coilovers, but i end up falling out o` me big comfy leather seat and holding on for dear life, no support from it although its nice an comfy, recently had a blast with a R33 skyline and was thrown all over the place on the bends!!!! :eye-poppi

Craig

BackInBlack
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:52
I'm not taking the P!ss, Please go ahead and change your seats, its your car. I just thought I would entertain my self here:

I'm gonna change my seats for a Roller Coaster seat:
http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/Content_2008_09_05__08_26_41/1.jpg2b55ab24-eb0b-47bc-8c1c-48b6e3f6c0fdLarge.jpg

:D

Could you imagine that :D

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 21:58
Oi Mush, Less o` the cheek!!!

when you can out handle all the jap stuff in a big volvo estate, then and only then can you rip the piss out of me, CAPPISHE!!!!!

Craig

BackInBlack
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:01
CAPPISHE

http://www.zwani.com/graphics/sorry/images/01sorry001.gif

t5 pete
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:03
chav wars lol

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:06
ok,ok, i`ll scrap that idea then, :slap:
was in 2 minds about it anyway, but you all have made my mind up, chavtastic i certainly am not!!!!!

definatly serious aboout the bucket tho, for a purposeful gain, as my car handles like its on rails thanks to extensive suspension mods and coilovers, but i end up falling out o` me big comfy leather seat and holding on for dear life, no support from it although its nice an comfy, recently had a blast with a R33 skyline and was thrown all over the place on the bends!!!! :eye-poppi

Craig

If your just after something to keep you in your seat better then there's something that Pookie uses, it's a clip that fastens around the seat belt and let's you tighten the lap portion of the seatbelt, thus holding you in place when driving harder. I can't remember what they're called but places like Demon tweeks sell them.

Rob S
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:08
It's a CG lock, can get them for about £35, and they do work well!

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:11
CAPPISHE

http://www.zwani.com/graphics/sorry/images/01sorry001.gif

S` Oright kid!!!

Only messin!! Ha, do need summat tho (???)

C

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:12
It's a CG lock, can get them for about £35, and they do work well!

AhHa, that sounds just the job, got any web links or owt for that??

Craig

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:14
My help will be pretty much useless but I'll tell you anyway lol!

When I was looking at a track conversion I looked at a few different seat options but none would have been a fairly direct fit without fabricating/bolting in new runners etc.

BackInBlack
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:17
:) :) :)

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:20
My help will be pretty much useless but I'll tell you anyway lol!

When I was looking at a track conversion I looked at a few different seat options but none would have been a fairly direct fit without fabricating/bolting in new runners etc.

Reeto, thanks anyway!

C

MrMopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:22
Ive got a 5 ton ratchet strap in the van you could use :) No movement then lol ;)

cameron
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:30
CG LOCK LINKY

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CG-Lock-CG-Lock-seatbelt-locking-device-not-harness_W0QQitemZ190304684484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item190304684 484&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

£33.95 Delivered :D

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:31
AWWW,i`m off , nowt but micky takin here!!!

i am on a set of KW Coilovers, with IPD anti roll bars, IPD drop links, F & R volvo strut braces and poly bushes all round, all i wanna do is use the technology, any SERIOUS reply`s please!!!!

C

t5 pete
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:34
AWWW,i`m off , nowt but micky takin here!!!

i am on a set of KW Coilovers, with IPD anti roll bars, IPD drop links, F & R volvo strut braces and poly bushes all round, all i wanna do is use the technology, any SERIOUS reply`s please!!!!

C

Well the best reply is the only real thing you can use is a bucket seat with harness or seat belt.
If you have alot of money you can have your seat rebuilt to your spec with larger bolsters etc

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:34
CG LOCK LINKY

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CG-Lock-CG-Lock-seatbelt-locking-device-not-harness_W0QQitemZ190304684484QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item190304684 484&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

£33.95 Delivered :D

Thanks lee, that looks just the job!!!!

cameron
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:36
No worries Craig :D

Have you fitted your MBC yet?

MrMopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:38
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19716

May be worth seeing if engineer sold these :)

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:38
Well the best reply is the only real thing you can use is a bucket seat with harness or seat belt.
If you have alot of money you can have your seat rebuilt to your spec with larger bolsters etc

Yeh, i know that matey, but the advice i need is what seat an what harness??????,was hopeing someone on here may have done the ame as what i wannna do.

C

mk3phill
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:43
only one way to find out :D

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Scouskie/blackbonnet1.jpg

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:44

No mate, been chasing my suspension clonk, turned out to be a wrecked wheel bearing.

Chris has fitted the MBC, but needs mapping to suit, left the car with him, i hope to get it back this coming week, told him to not go more than 1 bar of boost, so would expect about 280/290 bhp,wi a bit o` luck
will keep you posted if you want.

C

cragmaz
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:46
only one way to find out :D

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/Scouskie/blackbonnet1.jpg

Ey up pal, that looks mint!!!!

t5 pete
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:47
Ive got to admit it doesnt look bad
ok mrsmop you can ban me now lol

MrMopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:54

LOL i think you and TC are walking a fine lol ;)

mk3phill
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:54
yer man,. im likeing the idea myself haha.. hmmm where to find a black bonnet/boot an some vinal for the roof on mine :bog: :crazy:

Mrsmopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 22:55

Are you and TC sharing the shame braincell??? :nut::shifty: lol

It looks silly :nono:

t5 pete
Monday 4th May 2009, 23:22
:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

MrMopp
Monday 4th May 2009, 23:36
:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

I think you should have a see through bonnet on the 240 when youre done :)

BackInBlack
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 00:45
Would I be a loony in saying... It looks like you have had a front end crash, rebuilt your car but couldn't find the correct coloured bonnet & haven't got round to spray painting it the same colour as your car.

I see many cars around these days with a different coloured bonnet to their car colour and instantly think car crash, haven't got round to spray painting.

It might be a chavtastic "trend" but surly no one would include a Volvo of all cars in that "trend"...

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

t5 pete
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 09:45
Would I be a loony in saying... It looks like you have had a front end crash, rebuilt your car but couldn't find the correct coloured bonnet & haven't got round to spray painting it the same colour as your car.

I see many cars around these days with a different coloured bonnet to their car colour and instantly think car crash, haven't got round to spray painting.

It might be a chavtastic "trend" but surly no one would include a Volvo of all cars in that "trend"...

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious:hilarious :hilarious:hilarious:hilarious
Who was it that did the chav air box mod lol

and mrmop

i dont think so lol

And mrmop

mk3phill
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 10:19
haha now now children! none of us can be classed as chavs other wise we wouldnt have bought our volvo's. so each to their own!! :wink: anyway theres still a lot of people that believe these cars have slow an borin reputation! a comment on youtube to my run at santa pod thinks my 10v is fast?!?!....ohh how little then know LOL

cragmaz
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 20:46

Lee, been playing on dyno again today setting up MBC and mapping, few wrinkles to iron out tommorrow, but upto 292bhp, with 312 torque an running 0.9 bar of boost, well pleased!!! :bounce:

Craig

cameron
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 20:50
What turbo are you running craig, thats some sweet numbers :D

cragmaz
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 21:06
What turbo are you running craig, thats some sweet numbers :D

its running a 19T, blue injectors, uprated walbro225 fuel pump, massive custom intercooler with reverse piping, Apexi superpower intake, IPD 3" downpipe, race cat and a full stainless milltek system. :cool:

C

oh forgot to mention the MBC is from evolutionchips/power engineering at blackpool, was only a tenner and is a real quality, robust item, bargain!!!!

jc850r
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 14:48
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/jc850r/VPCUK/FighterPilotseat.jpg

This can handle more Gs than any bucket seat - has a parachute and everything! Might need to make you sunroof a bit bigger though should you ever need to use the eject option...or am i taking this too far?

I painted my Skoda Rapid bonnet black about 10 years ago to piss the guy off along the road that wanted everybody to think his Honda was a Mugen...Mug more like.

T5arrrgghh
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 18:39
on the bucket / race seat thing. have you tried long distances in one of these? there is no comfort no movement no adjustment and trust me it can get sore and pretty tiring quickly. a good sports seat with adjustment and bolsters etc is a way better thing to live with. i know you still have the bracket issue to overcome but its a thought.

and as for carbon bonnets have a look at this, at the risk of being called whatever by the holier than thou police i quite like the look.

p fandango
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 18:51
on the bucket / race seat thing. have you tried long distances in one of these? there is no comfort no movement no adjustment and trust me it can get sore and pretty tiring quickly. a good sports seat with adjustment and bolsters etc is a way better thing to live with. i know you still have the bracket issue to overcome but its a thought.
i used to do 2hour trips in my T-5 with its bucket seats, the fact i hadn't got a radio was more of a pain than the seats imo. Some passengers used to find them uncomfy & often use a coat as an extra cushion but say i never had a problem with them. As for the brackets i just brought Cobra universal runners & drilled/bolted them to the floor

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 20:53
my my that 855 looks fantastic,,,guess you couldnt sell her then,,,as for the black bonnet looks ok but in the sense thats mines stays the colour of my car regardless,, sayin that im strongly considering square plate front n back for my 854,,,

Baj
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 22:15
Originally, back in the day, the bonnets were painted black as some sort of heat control. I know not the physics but it was about the darker colours absorbing the heat quicker or somesuch. This wont effect you much.
Nowadays the scrotes in Saxos paint them black to emulate carbon fibre bonnets. CF being lighter than steel. Obviously.
If you do it for that reason you will look silly.
Stick-on CF film will have the same effect.

IMO fit a CF bonnet or dont bother.

cragmaz
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 23:26
my my that 855 looks fantastic,,,guess you couldnt sell her then,,,as for the black bonnet looks ok but in the sense thats mines stays the colour of my car regardless,, sayin that im strongly considering square plate front n back for my 854,,,

Eh!, crossed wires me thinks, she was never for sale, and wont be!!!

Thanks for the nice comments tho mate!

C

cragmaz
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 23:29
Originally, back in the day, the bonnets were painted black as some sort of heat control. I know not the physics but it was about the darker colours absorbing the heat quicker or somesuch. This wont effect you much.
Nowadays the scrotes in Saxos paint them black to emulate carbon fibre bonnets. CF being lighter than steel. Obviously.
If you do it for that reason you will look silly.
Stick-on CF film will have the same effect.

IMO fit a CF bonnet or dont bother.

Not gunna bother with the black bonnet, BAD IDEA!!!!! Full stop.

C

cragmaz
Wednesday 6th May 2009, 23:30

and as for carbon bonnets have a look at this, at the risk of being called whatever by the holier than thou police i quite like the look.

WOW, that looks harder than hard!!!!

C

Tomcat
Thursday 7th May 2009, 00:16

Lol....

Benny Boy
Thursday 7th May 2009, 19:06
Most aircraft have matt black "bonnets" to reduce glare.

So, perhaps said Paxo drivers suffer similar distractions whilst queing for burgers at McDonalds.

martybelfastt5
Friday 8th May 2009, 20:14
Eh!, crossed wires me thinks, she was never for sale, and wont be!!!

Thanks for the nice comments tho mate!

C

sorry mate can remember drooling over this before,,,could have swore it was in the for sale section,,,,maybe even contimplating sellin for around 3.5k,,,maybe not stunning nevertheless!