PDA

View Full Version : What colour injectors ?

Clan998
Sunday 3rd May 2009, 22:55
Hi
What colour injectors should my 855R have ?
Cheers Rich

dooby
Sunday 3rd May 2009, 23:06
Hiya,

orange I believe.

Cheers, Pete

cameron
Monday 4th May 2009, 00:24
Cool :D

I always thought the 850R had different to the T5, but my T5 has the Orange injectors as well :D

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 00:25
Should have Orange I believe, My T5-R has Orange at anyrate.

Clan998
Monday 4th May 2009, 00:52
Hmmmm
I think mine has white ..... whats the difference ?
Ill look at the wifes T5 2mrw and see what thats got !
Cheers Rich

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 00:55
Depends on the model, as far as I know the 850's had orange.

Tim Williams
Monday 4th May 2009, 01:38
An 850 R man should have White's.

dooby
Monday 4th May 2009, 01:55
EDIT I crossed posts with Tim - thanks Tim.

Is it possible the manual 850Rs had whites to go with the 16T turbo? I don't know I'm afraid.

Mine is (was) an auto, so had the 15G turbo also found on the T5s and shared the orange injectors from that model.

Clan, if yours is an auto then someone's replaced your injectors at some point. If it's a manual, we need someone with a better knowledge of the hardware fitted to that model as standard.

HTH, Pete

Clan998
Monday 4th May 2009, 10:30
Thanks guys its a manual so looks like white are the correct ones !

Thinking about getting them cleaned ...ive read the posts ad it seems like a sensible thing to get done and relatively cheap :-)

walter leever
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 00:30
Thanks guys its a manual so looks like white are the correct ones !

Thinking about getting them cleaned ...ive read the posts ad it seems like a sensible thing to get done and relatively cheap :-)

Correct,manual has whites standerd.
Auto-orange.

PaulZX
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 13:59
I'm tryin blue injectors on a 19T without a remap this week.....

lets see how that goes....

woz
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 15:52
Just found the Siemens blue injectors I got wont work with my ECU - I currently run Orange Bosch ones. Damn - just paid for them to be cleaned etc. by Jimatahan - so if anyone wants a set of pristine Blue ones, cleaned, heat stres tested with new O rings, get in touch.
They are Siemens 1389563 if that helps. Before I sent them to Jim, they came off a T5 ... just not mine. I have the tech reports from before and after with pics off the flow rig. I would be looking for about £70 inc P&P or swap for a set of orange.
Cheers
Woz

woz
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 15:56
Correct,manual has whites standerd.
Auto-orange.

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm

- and Jim on here does an excellent cleaning service. PM me if you want more details of what he did for me.
W

pigfight
Sunday 6th September 2009, 12:12
hi folks,
what is the difference between the white and orange injectors?
my 854r has the white ones, but just bought a (cheap) set of orange as i was led to believe theyre bigger!
cheers,
david.

bornagain
Sunday 6th September 2009, 13:13
I have blue, are these standard?

walter leever
Sunday 6th September 2009, 14:43
hi folks,
what is the difference between the white and orange injectors?
my 854r has the white ones, but just bought a (cheap) set of orange as i was led to believe theyre bigger!
cheers,
david.

No,the whites are bigger,than blue( i believe:confused:)and then green.OR VICE VERSA?NOT SURE

Wibren V70R
Sunday 6th September 2009, 15:09
Orange 315cc
White 350cc
Blue 395 cc
Green 465cc

RollingThunder
Sunday 6th September 2009, 19:51
I can also recommend Jim - he cleaned my injectors 2 weeks ago. Did a top job too with an email showing flow rates before/after. Very professional.

For info my 855R auto has orange injectors, so that would seem to confirm that the auto has the 240bhp T5-R spec engine in all respects.

Just a word of warning about buying injectors - make sure you know which part number you need / are buying - they're not simply colour coded as I found out the hard way a few years ago - bought a set of injectors for my tuned & chipped 940 T thinking they were an upgrade. They were the correct colour (can't remember what the colour was now), but they were a VW Corrado spec injector with a tiny flowrate - far worse than the original duck egg blue fitment :(