PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

lance
Monday 23rd May 2005, 11:23
After Driving the Mrs low miles 854 on standard 16s and no strut brace , ive finally realized that the suspension on My V70 is a little saggy and doesnt handle anywhere near as well , although my Turbos worn, whats the use in having loads of power if you cant get it down well.
Now Im on a tight budget, but need to think about sorting it out!
Any sugestions ?
What should It cost me!

misterpeck
Monday 23rd May 2005, 11:47
Lance, the front suspension on mine was shot to bits, as Adam and Hamish pointed out to me. I then got the Munroe Dynamic shocks fitted and wow what a difference it makes. At £150 a shock it aint cheap but very much worth it.

Hope this helps in your quest for non saggy suspenders lol.

lance
Monday 23rd May 2005, 11:57
Thanks, I need to start saving fast!

JUDGENINJA
Monday 23rd May 2005, 22:36
Did you know that Volvo still sell the BTCC 850 / V70 handling pack.....
Kit comprises of a Strut brace and adjustable Ohlins suspension. I was quoted just over £320 for the kit from a dealer...The bloke was a bit unsure of what was involved so don't take my word on the kit or the price but I thought it was a quite interesting find....

Maybe After_shock could do some research for us....

Goof
Monday 23rd May 2005, 23:21
Lance - 2 rear shock mounts, 2 new Sachs shocks, MoT - £230ish from VT. Brilliant job, well worth drinking their coffee! ;)

After_Shock
Monday 23rd May 2005, 23:23
Pm me the details of what cars the suspension fits etc etc and if you have a part number then ideal!

Will have a word with the bloke in parts see if can dig anything up.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 24th May 2005, 00:30
Nice one..thanks...

hedley
Monday 6th June 2005, 20:51
I think this may quallify as my 1st post, if not it's the 1st in a long while.

I have also been looking at the Ohlins suspension from Volvo, the part numbers are as follows Front: 9204201-9 & Rear 9204203-5 and the prices are huge about £1400 front & £600 rear. Myswedishparts.com are quoting just over $2000 for the set and they are coming back to me on shipping costs, I'll let you know if they ever do reply?
It's possible if anyone wanted a set to combine shipping costs but i'm guessing any savings would be marginal. I was also hoping I can pass just 1 set through as a warranty replacement to try and save some extra cash when it gets in to the uk.

Good luck with your choice no matter which 1 you go for

siamblue
Monday 6th June 2005, 21:25
I thought it was a bit strange someone saying the Volvo pack was cheap,
I had a Ohlins steering damper on my Yam R1 that was over £350,
Ohlins are one of the best Suspensions you can buy.

Redbrick
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 00:17
You still need to find springs to match the massive money Ohlins, as they don't come in the kit.

I tried to get it a few years ago but it is only available in the UK from Volvo, Ohlins themselves didn't/couldn't supply it.

KW does a variant 3 kit, which is multi adjustable and has separate reservoirs for that added 'wow' factor. Its available from VMS in the US.

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 7th June 2005, 00:49
Maybe I should hve bitten his hand off when he offered it to me for £320....

adamt5r
Monday 13th June 2005, 16:09
hi, has anyone found spring kits listed for the 850 T5R as i seem to only be able to find listings for 850's??? so if i bought this 40mm lower kit it would only make it T5R ride height which it is now being a T5R???? any ideas??? i have found the ohlins for 1800 euros but still stupid money.............
cheers
adam

p fandango
Monday 13th June 2005, 17:25
hi, has anyone found spring kits listed for the 850 T5R as i seem to only be able to find listings for 850's??? so if i bought this 40mm lower kit it would only make it T5R ride height which it is now being a T5R???? any ideas??
i understood the T-5R is only 20mm lower so you'll still gain another 20mm drop compared to your standard springs