PDA

View Full Version : warning light

850 t5 vs 600cc
Thursday 30th April 2009, 12:10
Hi,

Just fitted a boost gauge and a controller and now i have a warning light on. orange square, green triangle in it with a thing in it. Is this a engine light or ecu? Whats the fix?

Cheers Dave

AlanG
Thursday 30th April 2009, 12:56
It's the Lambda light mate,same thing but in Volvo speak. Means your ECU has sensed a fault and is storing the code. From what I hear this is common with mods such as these due to the ECU compensating fuel and ignition for the higher boost levels. If it was ok before then it's pretty likely. Only sure way is to have the codes read. HTH:blahblah:

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 30th April 2009, 13:01
yep need to read or get the codes read and cleared, hopefully it's an 850 with code reader under bonnet loadssssssssss easier

850 t5 vs 600cc
Thursday 30th April 2009, 13:39
ok cheers, will this stop me getting higher boost levels about wat i'm getting now.

.6 bar = 8.7 psi

Dave

t5 pete
Thursday 30th April 2009, 16:53
sounds like you have a leak cheack every vac pipe

850 t5 vs 600cc
Thursday 30th April 2009, 18:06
all sorted, i now have 1 bar of boost with no other mods to the car........

dave

t5 pete
Thursday 30th April 2009, 19:27
come on then what did you change or what did you do

850 t5 vs 600cc
Friday 1st May 2009, 10:13
nothing really, the air filter pipe to the old boost controller i blocked off as i read this can this till leak air even though the controller is not really being used. Add this to a controller which i think is back to front and inside out i worked out by blowing in to one end and feeling how much air was coming through while i was blowing into it, i then turned the controller until no air were coming out and checked it. I noticed then that the boost controller was all the way off so i connected the pipes up to it and went for a drive to see what happens, results.....

Well a large grin and lots of French words. When i stopped laughing so much at the mental increase i looked at the gauge while driving hard and it was on 1 BAR and the dashboard gauge was almost at the end, i have now adjusted it to measure .9 Bar and it still wants to head butt the horizon.

Hope this helps
Dave