PDA

View Full Version : Samco hoses

Scootch
Thursday 30th April 2009, 08:18
when i got my T5, noticed that it was rather slow , so decided to take a look at all breather/turbo pipes, lol i couldnt believe it all the pipes coming off the turbo and airbox etc had totally disintergrated, had to replace with what i had to hand, is there a samco kit i can get for the small pipes, eg the waste-gate pipe, the small ones, cheers guys

iGGy
Thursday 30th April 2009, 09:00
For the larger induction path and main coolant hoses they do make a kit. For the smaller vacuum hoses you're stuck with buying lengths of 4-6MM bore silicone tubing.

If you're going to do the tubing then the one that'll give you the most hassle is the connection on the end of the inlet manifold between the alternator and power steering pump. Do a search for PCV system and that should bring up some pictures...might also inspire you to do the PCV service if you're not sure when it was last done.

t5 pete
Thursday 30th April 2009, 09:40
No theres no samco kit i buy the 4mm hoses off ebay i have just bought this 4mm tube and have found it to be way better than other hoses ive used
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220390056838

Wombatbomb
Thursday 30th April 2009, 13:35
Fuel hose is a good replacement for the vac lines, much stronger and less inclined to inflate than any silicone hose. Also, as it is designed to hold one of the more corrosive substances you'll find in an engine (hot, pressurised fuel), it is also much more durable.

Scootch
Thursday 30th April 2009, 15:32
I did replace the pipes with fuel pipes anyway , but just as a temp measure, when i got the car it was slow, thus me asking on forum about new turbo,after investigating pipes i found all the air pipes had fallen apart crumbles in my hands, i replaced these made a bit more difference then the other day i got the smoke coming out of exhaust , poss turbo gone, after speaking to a tech guy i know he suggested checking all pipes over just incase i missed 1 , i stripped it all out so i could check turbo play out, found no play at all, but the pipe that goes to the PVC sensor was totalled , so replaced this and the pipe that runs under turbo and the pipe that connects to the front of the engine, took it out for a spin and i couldnt believe it, it was slowwer than before, so when i read the service guide to thwe PVC i thought i would check that the sensor was okay when i looked inside the engine by .....how stupid i felt, forgot to re-connect the sensor , did this took it out....wow its fast now , totally crapped myself..... so all being well this is now okay, but im tempted to do the PVC service, would this of been done as to VOLVO MAIN DEALER service requirements....? i got a superb deal on this car and now it feels an even better deal