PDA

View Full Version : Disillusioned

Taff - t5
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 23:23
fast becoming disillusioned with my 850 t5.Had fault codes read and air leak
sorted at Bridgend Volvo Services last week.Car has now become difficult to start wont idle and is running rough.I want a reliable car not a bag of bones
that spends more time on the drive than it does on the road.I really miss my
s40 1.8 it never once let me down. Always wanted a T5 but now the enjoyment has worn thin as I never know whats going to go wrong next.
Really fed up and disillusioned and thinking about getting rid of it!!!

p fandango
Thursday 30th April 2009, 00:13
sorted at Bridgend Volvo Services last week.Car has now become difficult to start wont idle and is running rough.I want a reliable car not a bag of bones
s40 1.8 it never once let me down. Always wanted a T5 but now the enjoyment has worn thin as I never know whats going to go wrong next.
sorry to see your not happy & having problems. My own T-5 has only let me down on 2 occasions in the 9years i've owned it. Unfortunatly they are getting old cars now tho :worried:

AlanG
Thursday 30th April 2009, 00:27
Sorry to hear that......I have owned 2 850's over 6 years and neither have ever let me down. My own experience and that of friends plus what I read tells me that an unreliable 850 is a rarity unless poorly maintained. Assume you have only recently acquired it? What history does it have? Hang in there matey:shockedbi

t5 pete
Thursday 30th April 2009, 09:25
Hello thats the only problem with these cars is tht there getting prety old and lets face it most of them have seen a lot of hammer in there life time.
At the end of the day its up to you what you are willing to spend on the car i my self have replace loads of things to bring the car up to scratch.These t5 are good motors when looked after but one that hasnt been looked afta can be a money pit but on the upper side once all the jobs have been done they wont need doing for quite a while

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 30th April 2009, 10:03

you need a code reader mate, as has been said they are basically a sound car if been reasonably well looked after (apart from f***** auto boxes) ;-) i hate em personal experience ;-D--------- make a code reader seems you really cant do much till you get codes read because unlikely to know what is roughly wrong/or where to look for the problem. the code reader you can make for pennies it's a tad basic but it works, my glt has the stupid gizmo by gearstick no comment but my earlier auto gle has the code reader under bonnet built in such a good idea, i got the bits for my code reader from maplins took minutes to make it jobs a good un. if all else fails i'll be down there in may either the 8th or the 29th not sure yet but likely the 29th to be honest i'll bring mine with me.

Taff - t5
Friday 1st May 2009, 00:30
Called the A.A, out today and the bloody car started first time and ran as sweet as a nut.Last nite car wouldn"t start and when it eventually started it woulddn"t idle and kept cutting out and was running lumpy.tonite started first time and when I took it for a blast it ran sweet no misfire no lumpy running.
Its really got me baffled.D"ont think its a bad car as its got a full service
history from new.

5seaterT5x2
Friday 1st May 2009, 08:12
maybe time for a decent dose of injector cleaner in the tank???