PDA

View Full Version : Well impressed

Tomcat
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 21:59
For a while now I've been really fed up to the back teeth with the finish on my car, no matter how much I was and polish it(I've even machine polished it) it still looks flat and lifeless once dry. I've just started hanging around on Detailing world and after a little bit of reading went out and bought a few products. I bought some clay(Bilt Hamber Original - Soft), Poorboys Black hole(no jokes please), and Poor boys Ex-P Sealant. The difference it's made to the few panels I've tried so far is amazing, the bonnet is like a big black mirror now. This looks like it'll be a slippery slope for me as after buying a couple of products I think I want to buy more to see how good they are as well......
I'll post some pics up in a few days.

Rob S
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 22:34
I'll be watching this with interest, as my old girl needs TLC desperatetly.

Tomcat
Sunday 3rd May 2009, 23:36
Ok, having done quite a bit of the car now(although no all of it,lol) I've got to say that it does give a massive improvement, however....it's not shift all the minor flaws I had, I suppose the rest is down to maching polishing.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo199/volvo850t5r/DSCF0503.jpg
Passenger door after Claying, etc.....

t5 pete
Monday 4th May 2009, 12:04
Looking good tc but any car that over 10yrs old will have flaws in the paint work i hadmy front end resprayed aroung 2yrs ago and its got stone chips in it

Baj
Monday 4th May 2009, 19:17
I am no expert but claybar is one of the greatest things to invest in for shiney paint.
The crap it gets off your bodywork after you have cleaned it is amazing.

Tomcat
Monday 4th May 2009, 19:42
Got to agree with you on that, never used clay before but I'm dam sure I'll be using it again,lol.

Baj
Tuesday 5th May 2009, 00:42
Like all good things, you just need to remember 'plenty of lube' :D