PDA

View Full Version : HELP, keeps dying

oblark
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 19:32
Help, just started my 96 850 t5, it took a few minutes to start when it started it wouldn`t slow run. When reved to 3000 rpm it run ok for a few minutes then it died. Got it going again and tried driving it, the recirc valve kept kicking in. Now the engine warning light is on.

Could the fault be the MAF or is it something else ?

oblark
Sunday 10th May 2009, 20:43
had the fault codes read today by my local volvo garage, or they tried to but the ECU had total locked out. So i`m now on the look out for another ECU or I will put the car up for sell.

volvolised
Sunday 10th May 2009, 21:29
hi oblark, my maf has just gone and i couldn't believe how in 24 hrs, it went from partial immobilize, to completely undriveable.....firstly couldn't hold tickover or cut out at idle run down in gear, to just no drive until it sat on idle...unreal...i hope he doesnt mind but s70t5chris is just the other side of junction 2 M27 and he has a code reader ..its just that not all readers can do the volvo... ( just spoke with chris and he's cool to help as nearby..bloody nice guy).....check codes first as you have tried......

Louie
Sunday 10th May 2009, 22:07
Alright mate, Sorry to hear about your ECU. Try this page out.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/volvo-850-spares

ATB

Lee

t5 stealth
Sunday 10th May 2009, 22:09
check the hoses before you go spending money,
u might just have a split hose or pipe off,
check the idle valve pipes,as they will also affect its running if split or off.