PDA

View Full Version : Push Bumpers?

Babybadger
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 22:55
Before I start fabricating, is there anyone who makes push bumpers for volvo 850's?, you know the sort of bull bars on the front of american police cars like Ford Crown interceptors,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c0/NYPD_Aux_Police_Interceptor.jpg

Tomcat
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 23:25
Oh dear.....I dread to ask what for...

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 23:54
Yeah I was wondering that too? Cows? Sheep? Other cars? Not tryin the PIT manoeuvre are ya?

daveforber
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 23:58
I always thought they were particularly effective against children. But sadly I cannot answer the question. Would a front end from an XC70 work?

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 00:04
Nah, I guess they'd be all extra plastic and foam

Babybadger
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 10:40
Yeah I was wondering that too? Cows? Sheep? Other cars? Not tryin the PIT manoeuvre are ya?

In london , it would be a deterent for other t***ers in big cars jumping into my gap on box junctions, and to play football in car parks with shopping trolleys.....

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 10:42
I like it, football Top Gear style!

Baj
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 12:40
Are they not illegal now?

neevo
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 14:39
Are they not illegal now?I think aftermarket bull bars are now illegal but if your motor had then when you bought it then you're safe.

Bull bars are good for removing inanimate obstacles in the road that are causing traffic to swerve onto the wrong side of the road...very good :thewave:

I dont drive a Volvo though!

Babybadger
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 14:52
Are they not illegal now?

Don't care Volvo's have a severe chassis , will make it and refabricate in nylon/foam if I have too, want some fun!