PDA

View Full Version : 850 upgraded auto ecu?

Giles
Monday 27th April 2009, 21:54
I had a 1997 T5 ex-police car which seemed absolutely ace in kick-down and generally the whole feel of the gearbox. At 50, it would jump to 2nd, wheelspin and go like ++++

Now I drove an 850 T5 standard the other day,and at 50mph floored it....nothing...a slow move up the clocks occurred (normal i suppose cause at 70mph it pulled like mad)

I now have an 850R auto....this too behaves like the T5 I drove......why did my ex-police car go like mad and feel sportier in the box than the other 2 T5's drove? Bit disappointed in my R compared to my ex-police T5.....is something amiss?

cameron
Monday 27th April 2009, 22:35
I had a 1997 T5 ex-police car which seemed absolutely ace in kick-down and generally the whole feel of the gearbox. At 50, it would jump to 2nd, wheelspin and go like ++++

Sounds just like mine this :D

Get it remapped matey you wont be dissapointed :B_thumb:

I have the HLM 304 in my auto with no problems at all.

Giles
Monday 27th April 2009, 22:37
just been looking at the vacuum hoses, and found a diagram......the diagram says the yellow hose should come from the actuator to the bottom of the airbox valve, but mine goes to the top....reluctant to change everything until i have had the diagram verified....

t5 pete
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:48
on the boost controller you will have red yellow and blue
RED= compressor housing on turbo
YELLOW= acuator
BLUE= plastic hose from the air box to the turbo

AlanG
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:54
on the boost controller you will have red yellow and blue
RED= compressor housing on turbo
YELLOW= acuator
BLUE= plastic hose from the air box to the turbo