PDA

View Full Version : Fault in the electronic system light on!

kevin 850t
Monday 27th April 2009, 21:48
Hi all,

is this the brain not working or can it be other things?

thankyou.

regards, kevin.

Torch S70R
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:15
are you getting restricted power? without a code reader it's impossible to tell

kevin 850t
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:19
are you getting restricted power? without a code reader it's impossible to tell

I seem to still have all the power

kevin 850t
Monday 27th April 2009, 23:22
Would i need to take it to volvo to get it code read, that alone sounds expensive!! lol.

thankyou.

Regards, kevin.

walter leever
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 05:50
Would i need to take it to volvo to get it code read, that alone sounds expensive!! lol.

thankyou.

Regards, kevin.

When i go to the dealer for a read out they charge me.........................nothing.:bounce:

I think it could be a lambda problem(you've got all the power),they are very

piccy(volvo's)about the right fuelling(but for god sake have it read out):firedevil

kevin 850t
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 00:14
Hi, found out the fish tank hose wasn't very good at holding on to nipples without clips, i put a blanking plate and dump valve in & found leaking hose's, i only had fish tank hose, so i used it for temporary, [bodge it & leg it me], i forgot about it till today where i saw both hose's blown off, i put them back on and got some proper hose from the garage, i have now no engine light on :0) kevin strikes again and breaks the T tree!!!!!!!!!!!, so i used the spare t's, i stuck some silicone on the tree nipple that's not there no more, 10 min's later i start the car, the T tree eat the silicone!!!!! where will that end up would anyone know please, i'm a bloody disaster waiting to happen :0(

Kind regards, kevin.

vincent32
Friday 1st May 2009, 02:18
no m8 you car has been started with no air box or is a catalic converter sensor nothing to worry about m8 these usally go out after a while if not get a exhaust test mine did the same when i started with out the airbox but reset a few days later

dooby
Friday 1st May 2009, 10:35
Hiya,

I'm afraid the silicone has been sucked into a cylinder as the inlet manifold will have been under vacuum at start-up with the throttle butterfly closed.

Let's hope it also came out the exhaust valves and (only being silicone) didn't damage the turbo exhaust turbine blades. It's now probably sat in the catalytic convertor, it won't get past those small holes I doubt so will just melt and block a few of them :-(

Cheers, Pete