PDA

View Full Version : New stuff

Tubalcain
Monday 27th April 2009, 20:53
Picked up a 180mph calibrated speedo from T.M.E in Sweden today,upgrading from the police 160+ calibrated in the early force issues.
Still chasing the ceramic option for the turbo,might not bother as my R34 is going in for some work this week and Nismo want to flog me an equivalent for it.
Got some bait from an M3 driver yesterday on the M27,kept up until third gear then blew him away with the pick up when he hit the limiter on the shift.Looking forward to seeing a new one as the standard kit is not up to it!
Got a new strut brace from T.M.E as they have nice prices and I can pass on the old one to a good home.
Happy days,Tubes...

Jaseb77
Tuesday 28th April 2009, 10:30
give us a clue then what car do you have ??

Tubalcain
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 00:17
Hey J,
Thanks for the interest.Firstly,nice choice of wheels mate.Glad you spent your hard-earned on some quality motoring.
First choice has always been Volvo.Have owned a few brands personally but the turbo exec was the original choice and now own two of the finest.
No.1 is an almost standard T5 from 1996,855 form with some discreet mods,uprated ecu,springs and gear with lively output.Used daily for the work run with moderate expense.
No.2 is a Nismo R34,(myweakness),with moderate mods,upgrade import with 400ps and 1/4 mile stats for the record.Project for sale to an interested friend at the mo.with a penchant for Yokohama rubber.
No.3 is my year owned 1995 855.I was lucky enough to get this car through a private sale from a Volvo employee who used to have race certification and some testing time for the record.
At the last count I have paid out 8k for this car not including new tyres and some sundries as they say down under.
The car(wagon)has BSR aftermarket upgrades,Autologic diagnostics,Bilstein race all round ride,WP Pro 8 piston brakes,TME 100mm brace and cert.stainless exhaust.
The transmission is Lockheed,Samco hoses,Ipd msd ignition with Ngk pfr plugs with Knecht filters.
The ride came with Ronal 17" Alloys and some decent rubber for the record.
The output for this car is 509ps with 465nM of torque through the upgraded converter and housing.Garrett did some work with the breather and it will hit 180 with a run-up and 0-62 in 3.8. Not bad for an old girl...
Some bits came through an agent as T.M.E do not deal direct with U.K. custom and Garrett had to be asked directly but some standard bits work off the shelf.
I've had a lot of fun in the last 12 months out of this automobile,mainly due to the lack of expenditure(check out Nissan prices for the same output and straight line speed).The only thing I don't like much is the UR A BUS neon that flashes up whenever I nuke an STI or WRX in the rear view.(Snigger...)Came with the car,Hey ho..
I don't put pics of my cars online anymore as I had a bad experience a decade ago and there are a lot of trolls and mutants still out there.
Present company excepted,of course.
Kindest regards,Tubes..

p fandango
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 02:34
can i ask what the new speedo was calbrated to? If your car is as powerful as you say i'm 100% sure you won't be using the standard profile/size of tyre, which just on its on will throw the accuracy of the speedo out by what could be a mile. & personally if you need to be able to read speeds of over 160mph i would of gone for a HUD, they can easily be calibrated yourself on the car & you won't need to take your eyes off the road when doing such high-speed (just sold mine for £7.50 on ebay lol)

certainly interested to hear moe about your car

Tubalcain
Wednesday 29th April 2009, 09:27
Hi,mate,
The car came with Ronal wheels but it has had the axle ratio changed with BK racing alloy on Yoko 225/17 s.drives.
The speedo is import but certified to 180 by PMC.
Going on a break for two weeks,nice to have a chat when I get back,dude.
Regards,Tubes..