PDA

View Full Version : Knocking felt through steering wheel

Dan-t
Monday 27th April 2009, 17:42
I have a 1998 volvo s70 t5 and its developed a knoc that can be felt through the steering wheel, sounds like its coming from the column, it happens when i brake and pull away from low speeds and also when going slow over bumps etc.

Ive had the drop links replaced and all the drive shafts and bushes on the suspension components are fine.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what it could be that would be great.

t5 pete
Monday 27th April 2009, 17:43
Could be a engine mountain

5seaterT5x2
Monday 27th April 2009, 18:03
I have a 1998 volvo s70 t5 and its developed a knoc that can be felt through the steering wheel, sounds like its coming from the column, it happens when i brake and pull away from low speeds and also when going slow over bumps etc.

Ive had the drop links replaced and all the drive shafts and bushes on the suspension components are fine.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to what it could be that would be great.

mate of mine had something that sounds like that on his vw passat the track rod had come loose from where it mounts to the hub potential to be really really nasty accident on his car.

cameron
Monday 27th April 2009, 18:53
Id go with T5pete on this one mate :D

Had the same thing on my first T5 it was really annoying but after spending over £300 on suspension parts it turned out to be the o/s engine mount, behind the arch liner.

Would have cost about £45 for the mount and problem would have been solved :(

We live and learn matey:B_thumb:

SAMXPJ
Tuesday 12th May 2009, 02:43
I've had the same problem for months, have checked everthing on the suspension which is all nearly new anyway, think I'll change that engine mount now - thanks