PDA

View Full Version : The Best Car I ever owned has Gone……….

Oakes C70 T5
Monday 27th April 2009, 13:09
2 Years ago I purchased more out of curiosity than anything else a C70T5 Auto Dark Green metallic, completely standard except the grille, projector headlamps and a couple of R badges added by the previous owner! 8 weeks ago my wife totalled her shopping trolley Peugeot, so with the insurance money I took the opportunity to trade in my beloved C70 as it was getting old and worn, for a VW Beetle for her.

When I bought the C70 I stumbled across this forum by accident and immediately became a member, although I have not posted much I have enjoyed reading the new posts daily during my lunchhour and have found it very informative, especially when I have had a problem.

I have owned allsorts of cars in my driving years, From a Sunbeam Lotus, several Peugeot GTI’s, VW Gti’s, Audi’s. This was by far the best car I have ever owned, for all the reasons that you guys know; I don’t need to explain them to you guys. I was absolutely gutted handing over the keys to someone else knowing that my era of driving such a powerful capable and enjoyable car was over, however I knew deep down it was time to let go of this car.

Choosing a new car I had decided that with the current economic climate, the fact that we are thinking of driving through Europe this summer, and also we are considering buying a caravan I would go for a diesel. I completely dismissed the Volvo D5 as if I couldn’t have a T5 a Volvo wouldn’t be the same, so was left with a shortlist, Mercedes 270CDI, BMW 330D, both very good cars I believe, I have never owned a BMW or a Mercedes but friends who have say that they are good (there not exciting me though). So I spent a few weeks trying to find the right car, searching the internet weekly but couldn’t find something that made me want to rush out and buy it.

Any way at the weekend I made a decision and…………..Bought a 53 Plate S60R manual……… well IT HAD A TOWBAR.

I have to say I drove it home to Cornwall yesterday 250miles and it’s all that the C70 was and lots more, what a car I am now looking forward to the next couple of years motoring, and can also carry on reading your excellent forum.

polak t5r
Monday 27th April 2009, 13:16
well done got to be one of the best cars around the s60r i'm sure you'll enjoy it i'm in cornwall aswell i'll keep an eye out for you

cameron
Monday 27th April 2009, 13:21
:welcome:

:worthless

PaulZX
Monday 27th April 2009, 13:27
lol.... saved from the germans..... you know it makes sense.... :D

dave stew
Monday 27th April 2009, 13:50
Magic darts!

cornclose
Monday 27th April 2009, 14:41
Should be a very good tow car too. My V70 certainly is - although I could do with Nivomats...