PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 over heated

ikp_77
Friday 24th April 2009, 22:29
another 850 am looking at tomo it has over heated its got 61 tho on it fsh could there be any more problems i could have with it apart from change the head gasket the kid wants 200 pound for it n reg

cameron
Friday 24th April 2009, 22:40
Buy it and break it ;)

Huge profit too be had there.

t5 pete
Friday 24th April 2009, 22:42
Buy it buy it

ikp_77
Friday 24th April 2009, 23:02
i wanted to buy and fix it with that many miles on it and keep it my mate says its had a recon turbo on it aswell and its black

Tomcat
Saturday 25th April 2009, 09:00
Get it bought, with that sort of mileage it's barely run in,lol.

ikp_77
Saturday 25th April 2009, 10:49
i think i will buy it how much to put the head right

Tomcat
Saturday 25th April 2009, 10:59
If it's just the headgaskette that's gone then you can get the headset off RUFE on here for a damn good price, other than that there's just the cost of getting the head skimmed.

t5 pete
Saturday 25th April 2009, 12:07
The last time i bought a head gasket set it was about £50 with all new gaskets and roughly £40 for head skiming then you want a new timing belt and minds well change the serpantine belt.
Also you will need to make a tool for seating the cams down with the cover.
If your doing it your self i would say around £150.

BackInBlack
Monday 4th May 2009, 19:16
another 850 am looking at tomo it has over heated its got 61 tho on it fsh could there be any more problems i could have with it apart from change the head gasket the kid wants 200 pound for it n reg

Before I bought my Volvo 850 2.0 SE 2 years ago I wanted to take it out for a test drive, as you do. So I took it out and about.... 5 mins later and driving up a VERY steep hill the temp gauge start to rise slowly. I noticed it rising so I floored it to increase air flow. This did work until I reached a camera so I had to slow down. Then the gauge slowly started rising and actually hit the red at one point. I passed the camera floored it again and would you believe it, I got back to the dealer and BOUGHT THE CAR. ;)

This 850 was so excellent I didn't let a little overheating put me off. I paid £450 for it and not once has it had a problem. I have had it serviced (with a cam belt change), mot'ed it & maintained it. Its a runner, quite a quick one too. Call that a lucky buy or just call me plain daft, either way I now have the car I have always wanted and I am happy.

I'm not telling you to buy the car... but go with your gut instinct.:firedevil