PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

Rnash2002
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 14:25
Ok found where my oil leak is comming from,its a 850 t5,looked underneath the engine and its seem to be where the oil return pipes from the turbo goes into the block,what i wanted to know was how does this pipe go in,just pushed in? screwed in? is there somthing else behind it in the block?.
Cheers

5seaterT5x2
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 15:08
Ok found where my oil leak is comming from,its a 850 t5,looked underneath the engine and its seem to be where the oil return pipes from the turbo goes into the block,what i wanted to know was how does this pipe go in,just pushed in? screwed in? is there somthing else behind it in the block?.
Cheers

never actually done 1 but that pipe is often mentioned on here i seem to rember it's held in by allen bolt at top and a pushfit at bottom plus the 10mm spanner size bolt bout half way down pipes seal/gasket aint dear. or just do a search on here bound to find a right up someone has done. seems a common problem

dooby
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 15:19
Hiya,

it just pushes into the sump, sealed with a rubber O ring that fails. The pipe is held fixed by the two Torx bolts holding it into the turbo's Compressor Housing Rotational Assembly.

EDIT Maybe it's Allen bolts, can't remember.

HTH, Pete

Rnash2002
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 15:27
Cheers guys,so you think it could be the rubber o ring that needs replacing?

dooby
Thursday 23rd April 2009, 16:54
Yep, a common failure item I think. I've replaced mine at least.

Cheers, Pete